ParentMap and PCC Natural Markets have partnered to produce an exciting web series called Healthy Kids Cook, designed to encourage families to make a healthy habit of cooking fresh food together in the kitchen. In this season’s Healthy Kids Cook, we’re focusing on quick and easy meals that you and your family will love making at home. Each month, Chef Jackie Freeman hosts families in the PCC kitchen to create a quick, filling, fresh and fun recipe featuring seasonal fruits and vegetables.
This month, we invited two Girl Scouts, Becca and Nur from troop number 45054, to help make easy Mix-‘n’-Match Noodle Bowls. These warming and filling bowls are a great way to feed the family a hearty meal on busy nights.
If you are a Girl Scout who loves to cook, find your own cooking patch here or at your local Girl Scout store.
- 4 cups chicken broth, store-bought or homemade
- 2 to 4 ounces udon or ramen, per person
- 8 ounces marinated tofu, cubed (try PCC’s Steph’s Tofu, available in the deli)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- 1 cup shredded carrots and broccoli (look for Taylor Farms Broccoli Slaw in the produce section)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Soy sauce, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Bring broth to a simmer. Cook noodles according to package directions. Divide noodles and broth between four bowls. Top with tofu, half an egg, carrots and broccoli and green onions. Season to taste with soy sauce.
Try a combination of any leftover protein or vegetables, or your favorites.
Each serving: 460 cal, 11 g fat (1.5g sat), 95 mg chol, 410 mg sodium, 67 g carb, 6 g fiber, 6 g sugars, 22 g protein