As a professional organizer, I know that rushing through a task rarely saves time. You almost always end up creating more work for yourself later. Stick to an organized laundry routine using some of these tips:
- Read your garment labels. Follow directions carefully to keep your clothes looking great.
- Sort clothing before washing. Place dark clothes in a separate load to keep dyes from making light colors appear dingy.
- Wash like-items together.
- Pretreat garments for stains, or else they will go from the dryer back into the hamper. Use a stain treatment that can be applied to a garment before you put it in the hamper.
- Grab permanent press items from the dryer as soon as they’re done, then hang them up to avoid wrinkles.