This filling and warming soup comes together in a snap, and is perfect for busy school nights. Details from PCC Natural Markets.
Three Bean Soup
What you need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup crumbled pork or turkey chorizo (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can great Northern beans, drained
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
How you make it:
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Add onions, peppers and chorizo; cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
Stir in garlic and cumin; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add beans and cover with broth; bring to a simmer.
Cook for 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.