Q&A with parent educator Sarina Behar Natkin
There may be nothing that instills more fear and apprehension in parents than the task of finding the right preschool. The choices can be overwhelming, the deadlines are impossibly early, and the pressure to get it right is huge.
Parent educator Sarina Behar Natkin provides surefire tips to find the right preschool for your family and tame parent and child anxiety.
Topics covered in the video include:
- Overview of various preschool learning philosophies
- Factors parents should consider when choosing a preschool for their child
- Realistic expectations parents should have about what a preschool program will — and won’t — contribute to their child’s development
- Recommended step-by-step process for selecting a preschool
- Recommended resources for parents to research preschool options
- What parents should look for during school visits
- Advice to parents for preparing their child and themselves for a smooth transition to preschool
- And more