New playground at Rodgers Park in Seattle. Credit: JiaYing Grygiel
Play outdoors no matter the weather
You might have to bring a towel to dry the swings and slides, but active play and a good dose of fresh air will make everyone happy. And maybe plan on a hot cocoa stop on the way home.
- Best new playgrounds of 2019: We rounded up all the awesome new playgrounds that opened this year. Your kids will love each and every one!
- Rain-friendly playgrounds and parks: Of all our playground articles, keep this one most handy at this drizzly time of year. It's got great puddle-jumping fun — and a nearby place to warm up — for our region's typical winter weather.
- Adventure playgrounds: Are your kids ready for more adventure? These parks have the highest swings, steepest slides and fastest zip lines.
- Visit a sensory playground: These special, inclusive parks feature accessible equipment for all kids and are super-fun for everyone.
- Skate and scoot all afternoon: When cabin fever hits, grab the helmets and take kids, skateboards and scooters to roll away excess energy at the most rad skate parks around town (tip: two of them are actually indoors!).