The lighthouse at Fort Worden State Park in Port Townsend. Credit: Tom Collins via Flickr CC
Day trips and getaways
- Try out island life on Vashon; in just a 20-minute ferry ride you'll go city-to-country.
- Our insider's guide has the best fun stuff to do with kids in charming seaside Port Townsend.
- Peaceful Seabrook is a family-friendly getaway spot on Washington's coast: swim, beachcomb, eat s'mores, repeat.
- Cosmopolitan Vancouver is your international family getaway that's just one tank of gas away.
- Love McMenamins? Escape for a night at the new Elks Temple in Tacoma (opened in April 2019), or try out the Maui-inspired Kalama Harbor Lodge in Kalama, Wash. (opened in 2018).