Lake Washington Girls Middle School empowers girls to be confident young women, strong in mind, body, and voice.
LWGMS holds up the opportunity of a world in which girls are nurtured and empowered to reach their academic, social, and emotional potential. To that end, the school provides a supportive single-gender learning environment where students, teachers, staff, families, and our surrounding community are active partners in inspiring leadership, social responsibility, and self-confidence in girls.
Please join us for one of our Open Houses this fall. Attending an Open House is an excellent way to get to know L-Dub, its program, and its people. Meet with students, teachers, and administrators, and learn how our academic and co-curricular programs may be a good match for your family.
No RSVP is required, but registration is appreciated.
The program does run for approximately two hours, so please arrive no later than 6p.
(Please do not arrive before 5:30p.)
Thursday, November 2, 2017, 6p
Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 6p
AT LWGMS, WE BELIEVE
- All students can learn.
- All students benefit from high expectations.
- Material should be relevant to students’ lives.
- Students should understand and have a say in what and how they learn.
- Families and the community are valuable assets to the curriculum.
- We all can learn from each other.
- Social and emotional learning should be part of a middle school education.
- Effective collaboration and communication are necessary skills.
- A diverse school community is essential to learning.
- A girls-only learning environment during the middle school years allows girls to develop their intellects and individuality.
Head of School/Principal - Patricia Hearn
Religious Affiliation - None
NWAIS Status - Accredited member
Student Body - Girls
Admissions Testing - ISEE testing - Admissions URL
Sibling Discount - No
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org