Lots going on for families in the Puget Sound region this weekend. My top ten:
1. I'd be remiss not to mention Mother's Day.
2. International Migratory Bird Day. Long name, cool nature activities for families.
3. Prairie Appreciation Day. More nature fun (sense a theme here?) in a unique prairie habitat near Olympia.
4. Family Bike Expo. Learn all about safe riding habits at Genessee Park in Seattle.
5. Seattle Maritime Festival. Family fun on Seattle's waterfront.
6. The Spirit of West Africa. Stories and performances in the Seattle Center Center House.
7. Elmo! "Nuff said.
8. Pajama Story Time. Cool evening story time on Mercer Island.
9. Professor Banjo. Music and family dance led by a great Portland caller.
10. Prince Ivan and the Firebird. An interactive play for kids.