The Most Important Conversation You'll Ever Have With Your Kid
A ParentEd Talk With Jason Reid of ChooseLife.org
Teen suicide is on the rise. It's time to break the silence.
According to a recent study:
- The suicide rate of teens in the United States rose 10 percent between 2014–2017.
- The rate of depression among high schoolers increased over 60 percent in the last decade.
Join ParentMap and Seattle Children's to hear one father’s story of heartbreak and hope. In this critical community conversation, you will learn:
- The alarming research on teen suicide
- The warning signs most parents miss
- How to talk to your teen/tween about this important topic before it's too late
- What you can do now to help end teen suicide by 2030
Stick around after the lecture for a panel discussion with local experts.
Ready to have "the talk" with your teen? Bring them to this event. Due to the sensitive nature of the topic, the suggested minimum age is 13.