Schools have closed, elder care facilities are on lockdown, national and state governments have cautioned against public gatherings, and many parents and caregivers are working from home, all while attempting to keep their children safe, occupied and learning.
Here at ParentMap, we know the struggle is real because we're in it, too. As a team, we're negotiating everything from rushing kids home from college to tuning out “Peppa Pig” on repeat all while trying to get some work done.
We feel the impact of all that's going on in our community and world right now. It's an uncertain time, but one thing remains unchanged: We’re in this together and we're committed to bringing you the best resources and content now more than ever.
Bookmark this page! We'll keep adding more ideas and relevant content to get your family through this unprecedented time.
Health + Wellness
- Coronavirus in Washington: What Parents Need to Know
- 7 Genius Ideas to Help Overcome the Loneliness of Social Distancing
- 5 Ways to Survive a Mom Sick Day
- The Surprising Power of Self-Compassion
- 5 Best At-Home Workout Apps for Parents
- CDC Coronavirus Recommendations
- CDC COVID-19 FAQ
- King County Public Health
- King County COVID-19 FAQ
- Washington State Public Health Department
- Seattle and King County Coronavirus Information page
- World Health Organization – Coronavirus update page
- Best Online Education Resources for Kids and Families During Coronavirus School Closures
- 9 Awesome Educational YouTube Shows
- 7 Fun and Educational Kid-Friendly Apps
- 9 At-Home STEAM Activities to Get Kids Excited About Science
- 4 DIY Experiments to Get Kids Interested in STEM
- 10 Must-Listen Podcasts for Tweens and Teens
Indoor Family Fun
- 20 Ways to Keep the Kids Busy If You Are Stuck at Home
- 10 Indoor Kids’ Crafts and Activities to Tame Cabin Fever
- 5 Trendy Tutorial Sites for Your Crafty Kid
- 7 Spring and Earth Day Crafts and Activities for Kids
- How to Set Up a Makerspace on the Cheap
- ParentMap's Craft and DIY Central
- Cheap Indoor and Outdoor Games for Kids
- 25 Surefire Indoor Play Ideas from a Preschool Teacher's Bag of Tricks
Outdoor Outings + Virtual Field Trips
- ‘Stay Home, Stay Healthy’ — Can Seattle-Area Families Still Go Outside?
- Seattle-Area Places to Go With Kids Amid Coronavirus Fears
- 10 In-City Forest Walks for Families Around Seattle and the Eastside
- Geocaching 101: Treasure-Hunt Your Way Around Puget Sound
- Painted Rocks: Get Crafty and Get Outside
- 10 Best Bike Paths for Seattle and Eastside Kids on Wheels
- 7 South Sound Bike Paths for Kids on Wheels
- Virtual Outings and Field Trips for Seattle-Area Kids and Families
Easy At-Home Pantry Recipes
- Big-Batch Recipes for Busy Weeknight Dinners
- 8 Sheet-Pan Dinners Your Family Will Love
- Cook Once, Feed the Family for Days
- Cook Once, Feed the Family for Days: Vegetarian Dinners
- 10 Best Frozen Dinners for Hectic Evenings
- 6 DIY Dinners to Encourage Picky Eaters to Be More Adventurous
- 5 Slow Cooker Recipes for Families on the Go
- 10 Easy Dinners With Shortcut Ingredients
- Under Pressure: 10 Instant Pot Recipes and Tips
- 12 Power Pantry Ingredients for Every Family’s Kitchen
GET THE BEST OF PARENTMAP
Get your monthly dose of parent fuel delivered directly to your home! For just $12, you'll get 12 monthly issues of ParentMap magazine plus our annual guides. As a small, independent business powered by working moms, we need your support now more than ever.
BONUS: subscribe now and get our April 2020 issue delivered for FREE!
Join ParentMap eNews and get the latest parenting stories, tips and tricks delivered right to your inbox. Our free email newsletters are customized by region so you can get the most relevant stories for your family.