ParentMap’s Golden Teddy Awards contest recognizes the best businesses and resources in the greater Seattle area for kids, families and parents.
Readers are eligible to vote twice in each category throughout duration of the voting period, once during the nomination phase (April 6-16, 2017) and once during the final voting phase after the top five finalists are selected in each category (April 24-30, 2017). Duplicate entries, which are validated through email addresses, will be discarded.
Finalists will be determined by the five businesses with the greatest number of legitimate votes in each category. Winners will be determined by the greatest number of legitimate votes during the final voting phase. The winners will be announced in the July 2017 issue of ParentMap Magazine. No special preference will be given to advertisers or any business patronized by ParentMap. Official Golden Teddy sponsors (SpringFree and Wiggleworks Kids) are not eligible to participate in the contest. ParentMap reserves the right to disqualify from the competition any businesses or individuals who attempt to unfairly influence the outcome.
ParentMap also retains the right to make final editorial decisions when we were unable to recognize a vote as a legitimate entry, in cases of multiple ties or when a vote wasn’t appropriate for a category.
Facebook nominations: Throughout the nominate phase, ParentMap will periodically post categories on the ParentMap Facebook page, asking readers to nominate their favorite businesses in that category through a post comment. Every business mentioned in the comments will receive one nomination for each mention.
All eligible voters will be entered into a drawing to win one of the Golden Teddy prizes. Voters will receive one entry for each category ballot they complete during each round of the contest.
- Sleeping Lady Resort Alpine Lakes Hiking Package ($401 value)
- Family Getaway at Semiahmoo Resort, Golf + Spa ($400 value)
- Six Pacific Science Center Day Passes ($118.50 value)
- $100 Gift Card to Tutta Bella Pizza ($100 value)
One winner will be selected at random from all eligible entrants for each prize. Winners will be contacted via email in early May. Entrants must be legal residents of the United States, and must be 18 years of age or older to enter. Entrants may not be an employee of ParentMap or involved in any part of the administration and execution of this contest. Entrants must not be an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a ParentMap employee. Winners must claim their prize within one week of being notified or else you forfeit the prize.
- Handy Drop-in Child Care Spot
- Trusted Nanny or Babysitter Service
- Positive Parenting Group or Class
- Supportive Birth or Postpartum Service
- Kids' Dentist to Smile About
- Priceless Pediatrician
- Life-Saver Food Service
- Special Needs Resource or Service
Food + Dining
- Kid-friendly Restaurant
- Family Pizzeria
- Sweet Treat Shop
- Cool Ice Cream Shop
- Corner Coffee Shop
- Cross-cultural Eats
- Family-friendly Farmers Market
Out + About
- Rainy-day Refuge
- Kid-friendly Museum
- Tourist-in-your-own-town Attraction
- Splash-worthy Pool or Water Park
- Fabulous Family Farm
- Awesome Animal Attraction
- Can't-miss Holiday or Seasonal Event
- Local Family Escape
- Family-friendly Volunteer Opportunity
- Party-ready Birthday Bash Spot
- LOL Family Entertainment
Shopping + Services
- Cool Kids' Clothing Shop
- Essential Baby or Maternity Shop
- Awesome Book or Toy Shop
- Super Kids' Salon
- Fabulous Furniture Shop for Kids
- Favorite Family Photographer
CAMPS + CLASSES
- Super STEM Camp
- Note-perfect Music or Art Camp
- Sensational Sports Camp or Program
- Wild Nature Camp
- Extraordinary Camp for Kids with Special Needs
- Fabulous Family Camp
- Awesome Overnight Camp
- Engaging Infant + Tot Class
- After-School Enrichment
- Passport-ready Language or Art Class