Activities at Hands On Children's Museum. Photo courtesy Hands On Children's Museum
- All museums are committed to accessibility; most offer free admission or very reduced admission for low-income families. Check each museum’s website for discounts, and the Museums for All program.
- Most museums have a free or discounted day each month (or week).
- Most museums offer discounts for active-duty military families through the Blue Star museum program.
- Through the Association of Children's Museums, membership to many of these museums allows you to enjoy reciprocal benefits with other children's museums. Find the Washington list here.
- If you have a membership to a museum that’s part of the Northwest Association of Youth Museums (most museums on this list), you can use a buy-one, get-one-free coupon for admission to other member museums. Check with your museum.
- Many of the museums offer group discounts for groups.
- Many museums also offer sensory hours for families with special needs. Check websites for info.
Editor's note: This article was originally published in 2018 and updated for 2019.