Day Out With Thomas. Credit: Stephen Smith
All aboard for fun with Thomas! Fans of Thomas the Tank Engine — and train lovers in general — can delight in the news that the popular Day Out With Thomas event will return to the Seattle area for summer 2022.
A life-size, talking Thomas will visit the Northwest Railway Museum in Snoqualmie, Wash., over two weekends this summer: July 8–10 and July 15–17. Advance booking is required and timed tickets are on sale now.
The theme for this year’s visit is “Dream Big.”
Scroll down for some good-to-know tips, but first, let’s get to the fun times awaiting families at Day Out With Thomas.
Day Out With Thomas highlights:
- Guests take a short ride in a train car pulled by a life-size Thomas the Tank Engine and arrive at the activities area.
- There, families can explore the Play Pod, play lawn games and say hello to Sir Topham Hatt, the stern controller of railways on the Island of Sodor.
- Track all your stops on the journey with a Dream Pass booklet.
- Hop back aboard with Thomas for a 30-minute train ride to the top of Snoqualmie Falls while listening to an interactive story.
- Shop for exclusive Thomas merch (parents, you’ve been warned).
- Visit the railway museum exhibit hall; admission is included in your Thomas ticket price.
Tips for parents:
- Masks are not required, however the Northwest Railway Museum strongly recommends them for everyone ages 2 and older. Be sure to check current mask requirements before heading out, in the event safety protocols change.
- A limited number of tickets will be sold for each time slot. Make sure to purchase tickets ahead of time. This event usually sells out, and waiting to purchase tickets at the gate could end in serious disappointment. Last summer, Thomas stayed for an extra weekend due to popular demand, but we can’t count on that happening again.
- This event takes place rain or shine, but if the weather does not cooperate, some of the Thomas and Friends activities may be relocated inside the museum exhibit hall.
If you go ...
Find it: The Seattle-area Day Out With Thomas event takes place at the Northwest Railway Museum’s Snoqualmie Depot, located at 38625 S.E. King St. in Snoqualmie. It’s about a 35-minute drive from Seattle.
Dates: Day Out With Thomas takes place over two weekends: Friday–Sunday, July 8–10 and 15–17, 2022. Timed sessions are available on the hour.
Cost: Tickets cost $28–$30 for ages 1 and older; $28 on Fridays and $30 for Saturday or Sunday times. Babies younger than 1 ride free on an adult’s lap. Buy tickets in advance online or at the Depot Bookstore in Snoqualmie. Tickets typically sell out, so purchasing tickets early is highly recommended. There’s a discount for purchasing a group of 20 or more tickets.
Tips for families: