For a supposedly slow post-holiday week, we’re finding lots of activities – many of them free -- to keep you and the shorties busy.
- Head to Bellevue for a free night of play at KidsQuest; or if you’re south, to Olympia's Hands On Museum.
Commune with the owls and other nocturnal animals at a Mercer Slough Night Walk.
- Enjoy a free, old-timey concert from Professor Banjo at Spar Cafe in Olympia or, tomorrow, at Northgate Community Center.
Saturday, Jan. 7
- Take your dragon fan to The Children’s Museum for some dragon appreciation.
- Learn about the legacy of glaciers at Seward Park.
- Pondering preschool? Take a look at 12 under one roof at a ParentMap Preschool Preview.
- Bring your unidentified fossils to the Burke for some identifying – or make a Mexican mask.
- Are you a Bank of America client? Simply show your ATM at the Northwest African American today or tomorrow and get in for free.
- Hurtle down the slopes at Snoqualmie Pass on a tube.
- Learn the basics of cross-country skiing for free in Leavenworth.
- Take a final spin at the Magic Season rink in Bellevue or Tacoma's Polar Plaza.
- Make mochi, listen to taiko drumming, or simply walk among the majestic trees at this IslandWood festival.