Weekend (and winter break) events for the fam
Not a lot going on the weekend between Christmas and New Year -- and, after several weeks of really frenetic calendar activity, I'm not too sorry. I'll be staying in this weekend with the new Wii and a plateful of Christmas cookies. If you're totally stir-crazy after our multi-day snow adventure, though, there are a few things you can do:
1. Tacoma's nifty Model Train Festival (daily through Jan. 3)
2. Jet tours at The Museum of Flight (daily through Jan.4)
3. PacSci's science extravaganza (daily through Jan. 4)
4. The Seattle Aquarium's felicitously named Fantastic Fishtival (daily through Jan. 3)
5. A bonfire at the Seattle Center, with live banjo music and storytelling (Saturday at 5 p.m. -- it's going on as far as I can tell, but if it starts raining this evening, call before you go.)
6. The Fremont Player's raucuous panto-style Cinderella closes Sunday. It's playing at Hale's Palladium, which pretty much guarantees you can have a beer while you watch the show. Good times.
7. Circus Contraption performs an aerial show at the Center House, Sunday through Tuesday. I've never been, but I've heard good things about the show. Lots of Winterfest events going on at the Seattle Center -- between the model train layout and the ice arena, you could while away most of a day here.
8. Ballet Bellevue performs holiday ballet The Snowman on Sunday at Meydenbauer Center (one day only).Google+