Safari Play Space at Southcenter Mall. Credit: JiaYing Grygiel
Smoke, smoke, go away! Who would have thought we'd get cabin fever during a typically gorgeous Pacific Northwest summer? Ugh! This smoke is tough to take, both for our local air quality and the devastation from the wildfires burning in our region.
Hopefully, this smoky haze will blow away soon. In the meantime, while outdoor air quality is unhealthy, we've rounded up some of our best indoor play articles to get you out of the house and keep you and your crew from going completely stir crazy. (And check out our ideas for staying safe in the smoke storm.)
- Find a new play place on our giant list of indoor play spaces around Seattle, the Eastside and North Sound.
- Play at one of 30 indoor play spots around the South Sound.
- Build with bricks at 10 places to play with Lego.
- Stay cool at a cheap summer movie.
- Explore one of these 7 fantastic children's museums around the Sound.
- Discover new reads at local independent bookstores to visit with kids.
- Go bowling at sleek new alleys in the South Sound and Lynnwood.
- Visit a terrific new-to-you library for story time and reading.
- Make art at grown-up museums with creative spaces for kids.
- Go old-school and try roller skating at a family-friendly rink.