Last year, we hosted the historic Juneteenth Celebration with over 35,000 supporters in attendance. Uplifting local history, we began the march on 23rd and Madison to honor the late Decharlene Williams and her Central Area activism where, nearly 40 years ago, she established the Central Area Chamber of Commerce and brought Juneteenth to Seattle.
The march starts at 1 pm on Saturday at 23rd and Madison. March South on 23rd to Jimi Hendrix Park for the celebration at 3 pm.
Building on that strong legacy, this year's will be larger, broader and even more impactful! Come celebrate Black resistance, Black joy, and the struggle for Black liberation!
- Black community leaders will lead the Freedom March through the Central District, speak on local Black history and present collective calls-to-action toward advancing Black equity
- 1000 Black Businesses (continuing to Honor Black Wall Street)
- Black Elder Car Brigade and Caravan
- Black Drill Teams
- Black Graduation Procession
- GHS Cheer
- Soul food, Communion
- COVID Vaccines, with the Tubman Center for Health and Freedom
- Live Black joy performances by Sevyn Streeter, Total Experience Gospel Choir, Seattle’s own Gifted-Gab, and more