Kick off the 2020 Year of the Rat at the Wing Luke Museum! Beginning with a traditional lion dance complete with firecrackers, drums, and dance, experience a full day of Lunar New Year family fun. After the morning lion dance, take a passport journey through the museum to participate in museum activities and learn about the Asian Zodiac.
***Portions of King Street will be closed for the morning celebration and traffic in the area may be heavier than normal due to other events in the area - plan accordingly!
Schedule of Events
10:00 - 10:30AM (outdoors - Wing Luke Museum)
Traditional Lion Dance - Free
10:30AM - 5:00PM (indoors - Wing Luke Museum)
Lunar New Year Fair - Free for kids and students (with ID)
- Crafts with local artists
- New Year Zodiac stuffed animal petting zoo
- Face painting
- Scavenger hunt
- Raffle prizes
Through the end of March, the museum will also feature:
- Lunar New Year tours – Experience our unique historic hotel immersion tours with a Lunar New Year twist.
- 2020 Year of the Rat Coloring Contest designed by designer Nadine Tabing – Grand prize is the Seattle Attractions Experience valued at over $700 featuring tickets to a Sounders match, MoPop, and more. Public voting online for winner April 11-22
- New Years All Year Round – A colorful family-friendly interactive exhibit focusing on what the holiday means for our families with a focus on music, clothing, dance, and sound.
More info at www.wingluke.org/lunarnewyear