Once known as Issaquah Junior High School, Issaquah Middle School (IMS) first opened in its current location in 1955. Following more than two years of live-in, learn-in renovation, completed in 1999, the school’s modernization is an ideal learning backdrop for students in grades 6-8. The IMS neighborhood includes Issaquah’s Community Center. School and neighborhood activities naturally ebb and flow between these two community resources. The very active and supportive PTSA has provided numerous hours of volunteer assistance and more than $15,000 in teacher grants, scholarships and programs. Approximately 120 parent volunteers provide an adult presence on campus in the school’s Successful Walk-About program before school and during lunches.