News alert for playground-loving families! The popular, recently renovated play area at Seattle's Gas Works Park will be closed weekdays from Oct. 8–25. The play area will be open on weekends.
Seattle Parks said in a news release that some final stages of the park's play area renovation project will be taking place this month. Work is scheduled to be completed on or before Friday, Oct. 25.
So plan your playground outings with this closure in mind. If you do have your heart set on playing at Gas Works on a lovely October day, shoot for a weekend for now.
In the meantime, we've rounded up some other awesome playground destinations below.
Test-drive these fun playgrounds during Gas Works' weekday closures:
- This fairy-tale playground encourages imaginative play.
- New Seaview Park welcomes all kids for inclusive play.
- Climb and slide for thrills at this new Eastside playground.
- Opened last year, this fantastic neighborhood park attracts families from all over.
- This hillside playground enchants kids for hours. (Pro tip: bring a piece of cardboard to slide on.)
- Play any season at this playground by the lake.