Pumpkin-flavored drinks, cozy sweaters, the smell of leaves on crisp mornings, Halloween costumes and parties — autumn is such a glorious season! Whether you're picking out pumpkins at the patch, jumping in a giant pile of leaves or donning a spooky or cute costume, we want to see pictures of your family's harvest and Halloween adventures!
Submit pictures here of your Halloween + harvest adventures and be entered to win awesome prizes!
Our online contest runs October 1–31. Submit up to one new picture a day and vote on your favorite photo up to once per day. Invite your friends to vote on or submit their own photos, too.
Winners will be chosen by ParentMap editors from the 20 photos with the most reader votes.
How to Enter:
Submit your snaps on our Facebook app to win these awesome prize packages (scroll down for full prize details).
- An overnight package to The Fairmont Olympic Hotel $400 value).
- A family membership to Seattle Aquarium ($110 value).
- Four general admissions to any Teatro Zinzanni kids' show (through May 30, 2015, $76 value).
- A $100 gift card to Tutta Bella Neapolitan Pizzeria.
Total prize value: $686
Second Place Prize:
- A family membership to Woodland Park Zoo (2 adults + 2 children, $124 value, redeem by 12/31/14).
- Two gift cards each good for one dozen cupcakes at Trophy Cupcakes ($84 value).
- An Arts & Crafts Supply Center toy ($50 value) from Lakeshore Learning.
- A gift basket of eco-friendly and local-themed baby items from MagPie Children's Clothes & Toys ($130 value).
Total prize value: $388
Third Place Prize:
- 10 passes to Remlinger Farms (good through the May-Oct 2015 season, $171 value).
- A family 4-pack of tickets to opening weekend (Nov 28-30) of Zoolights at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium (expires November 30, 2014, $36 value).
- A $75 gift certificate to Paint the Town.
Total Prize value: $282
Fourth Place Prize:
- A deluxe family membership to Hands on Children's Museum ($165 value, redeem by Dec. 31, 2014).
- Family 4-pack of tickets to Winter Wonderland (Dec 26-28) at Northwest Trek Wildlife Park ($79 value).
Total prize value: $244
Photo Contest Guidelines
You can submit up to one photo a day. When you share the contest via social media (and please do!) please use the hashtag #HarvestPhotos
The Submission must be a digital photo;
The Submission must be entrant's original creation and owned one hundred percent (100%) by the entrant;
The Submission must demonstrate the Theme of the contest. ParentMap has sole discretion in determining if the photo demonstrates the theme.
Criteria for submission
The submission must demonstrate the theme of the contest, "Harvest + Halloween" and feature babies, children and families. ParentMap has sole discretion in determining that the photo demonstrates the theme.
The contest opens on October 1, 2014 and ends on October 31, 2014.
Entrants must be a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and must be 18 years of age or older. Entrants must not be an employee of ParentMap and the entrant must not be involved in any part of the administration and execution of this giveaway. Entrants must not be an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a ParentMap employee.
How and when winners are chosen
Editors will choose winners out of a pool of the top 20 submissions that have earned the most reader votes. We will announce the winners by November 12, 2014.
Use of photos
Upon entering one of ParentMap's photo contests, you are acknowledging and giving consent that your photo may be used on ParentMap's website, social media pages, print publications or email newsletters without compensation.
How to share
We'd love you to share the contest through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, by email, letter, pony express -- however you share best! Please use hashtag #HarvestPhotos when you share, and tag ParentMap, too.
Email Rory Graves at email@example.com