Call it “date night” or call it “getting away from the kids for a few hours night” — call it whatever you'd like, but sometimes you just have to have an evening to yourselves. For a stress-free date and a fun time for the kids, try taking your brood to a parents’ night out (PNO), where they’ll be highly entertained, fed and worn right out while you sneak off to a restaurant that doesn’t stock high chairs. Also see the Seattle-area version of this article, and click here for the Seattle-more creative alternatives to hiring a sitter.
Roach Gymnastics in Sumner hosts monthly PNO’s for children four years and older. Kids enjoy supervised play in the kid--friendly gym. Must pre-register. Call 253-826-5999.
- Price: $15/members and $10/additional member child, or $20/non-members and $15/additional child.
- Upcoming dates: March 16, April 20, May 18 and June 22.
Federal Way Community Center hosts monthly “Kid Escape” nights for kids ages K–5th grade. Kids enjoy dinner, pool time, arts & craft and then a movie. See www.itallhappenshere.com or call 253-835-6900.
- Price: $15/members, $20/non-members.
- Time: from 5:30–9:30 p.m.
- Upcoming date: Friday, April 12.
The Little Gym offers Parents’ Survival Night on selected Friday and Saturday nights for ages 3–12 at locations in Kent (425-656-0737), Covington (253-630-1232), Federal Way (253-529-0309) and Puyallup (253-435-7400).
- Cost: $26–$35 for non-members, sibling discount available.
- Time/Dates: 6:30–10 p.m., Call for schedule at each location.
My Gym (Kent/Covington) locations offer PNOs that include games, relays, dancing and pizza.
- Price: $33/first child and $20/siblings.
- Time and Dates: PNO's are two Fridays each month from 6–9:30 p.m. for children ages 2.5 years and older (child must be potty-trained and able to separate). Call My Gym Kent/Covington at 253-630-8880.
- Upcoming dates. March 22, April 26.
Matt Griffin YMCA (Sea-Tac) hosts a monthly PNO for children ages 3–10. Dinner is included. Call 206-244-5880 for details and dates.
- Price: $18/facility members, $28/program members.
Auburn YMCA hosts PNOs for potty trained children age 3–11 years.
- Price: $20/facility members $30/program members. Includes a meal. Register online or call 253-833-2770.
- Time/Dates: 5–10 p.m. on the second and fourth Saturday of each month.
Children's Museum of Tacoma hosts bi-monthly PNOs for potty trained children age 3–10 years.
- Price: $25/child, $10/each additional sibling. Members receive a 10% discount.
- Time: 6–9 p.m.
- Upcoming dates: March 1, March 15.
Hands On Children's Museum of Olympia hosts a Monthly PNO for potty-trained children age 4–10.
- Price: $35/member, $30/member sibling. $40/non-member, $35/non-member sibling.
- Time: 6–9:30 p.m.
- Upcoming dates: March 9.
• Be sure to register well ahead of time, as popular programs fill up fast.
• Most locations only take kids who are potty-trained — be sure to ask!
• If your child balks at new situations, consider bringing a friend for support.
• Many locations offer dinner, but some do not — ask at registration.