The Weekender: Seattle Activities for Kids and Families, Feb. 25-26
Eleven ideas for the weekend. Check our online calendar for more, and post what we've missed in comments!
2. Watch some serious yo-yo freestylers at the 2012 Pacific Northwest Yo-Yo Championships.
3. Go on a family bird walk at Seward Park (Saturday, 1 p.m.).
4. See Bellevue turn into bluegrass central at Wintergrass -- even if you don't participate formally, you can listen in on dozens of informal jams in the hotel.
6. Celebrate the "Acatemy Awards" by adopting a tuxedo kitty -- all adoption fees waived.
7. Bring your airplane-crazed kids to Paper Airplane Flight School at the Olympic Flight Museum in Tumwater (Saturday, 1-3:30 p.m.).
8. Watch The Harlem Globetrotters -- whose extraordinary rookie team includes the world's tallest pro basketball player -- rock Key Arena (Sunday, 2 p.m.)
9. Catch the last days of Octopus Week at the Seattle Aquarium, including a giant octopus release on Saturday at noon.
10. See Dr. Kaboom combine comedy and science with his "It's Just Rocket Science!" show at Kirkland Performance Center (Sunday, 11 a.m., 3 p.m.).
11. Eat a huge stack of blueberry pancakes at Bitter Lake Community Center's breakfast -- and support scholarships for low-income youth.Google+