The Italian Festival will take place on September 23: 10am-9pm & September 24: 10am-6pm at the Armory Food & Event Hall and Fisher Pavilion. The festival is part of the Seattle Center Festál series. It is free and open to the public.
Seattle Center Festál presents The Italian Festival in partnership with Festa Italiana. The Italian Festival is an annual festival inaugurated in 1988 to celebrate the joy of “All Things Italian”. With an approximate attendance of 25,000 people, the festival is the largest Italian American event in the Northwest, and one of the largest ethnic festivals in Seattle. It features art, music, food, dance and participatory activities for the entire family. Highlights include cooking demos, a classic car show, a dog show, and a world-famous “Grape Stomp” which must be seen to be believed!
This year’s featured festival activities include:
- Three stages with free music and performing arts, including Headliner Anthony “Nino” Lane Band, and hometown expat favorites, The Space Noodles
- La Cucina Galbani® Cooking Stage, featuring The Great Italian Chefs cooking demonstrations
- Variety of delicious Italian foods
- Three wine & beer gardens, with daily performances by 3-time World Champion Accordionist Cory Pesaturo
- Festa Italiana favorites: a Grape Stomp and a Bocce Tournament
- Traditional children’s activities
- Historic Photo Exhibit about Seattle’s earliest Italians
- Contemporary exhibit of paintings and photos of Italy
- A Festa Italiana first: free guided tours of Marion Oliver McCaw Hall, offered in partnership with Seattle Opera – Saturday only, 1pm - 4pm
- Italian classic vehicle show – Saturday only
- “All Breeds” Italian Dog Show – Sunday only