You know and trust ParentMap newsmagazine and parentmap.com, and we value that trust. We are committed to maintaining the privacy of all personal information that you provide. The following policy describes the privacy practices of ParentMap ("we" or "us"). You should read this policy in order to understand how we treat the information you provide to us as you use our website.
Information we collect
We receive information in several ways:
- You may have subscribed to our magazine or newsletter.
- You may have filled out a “Contact Information” form when visiting our booth at an event.
- You may have asked to receive information in the past.
- You may be an advertiser.
- You may be a present or past sponsor of a ParentMap event.
- You may be a subscriber to one of our e-newsletters.
- You may enter to win one of our giveaways.
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your region and/or zip code
- How many children you have
- The birth years of your children
- Type(s) of content you are interested in
ParentMap does not request any other personal information and will not collect such information unless you provide it to us.
How we use the information collected
If you submit personal information to us through our website, we may use that information to operate and maintain the website. For example, the information we collect allows us to send you information via email on upcoming events that may be of interest to you and your family. It allows us to send notifications about anything new and exciting at ParentMap newsmagazine or parentmap.com. We may occasionally conduct online surveys and want to offer you the opportunity to participate, if you choose to. The information also allows us to provide advertisers and potential advertisers with aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
Who we may share information with:
We keep your personally identifiable information confidential and we generally do not disclose it, with the four following exceptions:
1. We share information we collect on our website with the ParentMap team. Our employees have access to some of your personally identifiable information for the purpose of helping us run our business. They access and use such data on a “need to know” basis confidentially. The ParentMapteam may use this information to invite you to events or introduce you to services that may be of interest to you.
2. We may share information from giveaways with carefully selected business partners that provide prizes to ParentMap. These companies and organizations may use the information we share to provide you with special opportunities and offers. Also, contest winners may be asked to provide information such as physical address and phone number to prize providers for prize fulfillment purposes.
3. Our website may also share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a mailing host or printer). These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
4. We may disclose information you provide to our website when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our website, our users, or others.
Also, any information that you include in a comment to our website, particularly the blog, may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels and may be viewed by the general public. The information contained in a comment may be viewable by all users of the website. IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL OR OTHER INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE THROUGH THE website, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Third-Party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites:
What choices do I have?
If you provide our website with your email address, you may receive emails from us. You can discontinue these emails by cancelling your subscription to these services. If you would like to update your information with ParentMap or unsubscribe from our list, click the "unsubscribe/update your profile" link provided in our newsletters. If we ever send you information by email concerning new products or services that you did not expressly request, we will provide you with an email address by which you may request no future notices. At any time, you can contact us through email to have your contact preference changed to “Do Not Contact.”
Sharing with other companies
If you do not want us to share your email address with carefully selected business partners outside of ParentMap, do not enter a giveaway through our website.
We take reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. But you should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. Personal information, once collected, generally is not shown on our website. Exceptions to this rule include (a) when you click on the “unsubscribe” or “manage preferences” link in an email, our third-party mailing host may display your information so that you can update it and (b) when you include personally identifiable information in a comment to the website, such as a comment to a blog post.
If you have any questions about our policies, please contact us:
7683 SE 27th Street
Mercer Island, WA 98040