It's Father's Day on Sunday, so time to celebrate all the awesome papas out there! We've got our usual list of a dozen or so top picks for weekend family fun, plus check out our all-about-dad round-up of fab family activities for Father's Day weekend. Happy Father's Day to all!
- Celebrate the grand opening of a terrific new neighborhood park with music, sandwiches and more (Friday).
- Celebrate freedom at a free community gathering marking Juneteenth (Friday–Saturday).
- Partake in strawberry mania, snacking on shortcake and reveling in summer goodness at so many tasty strawberry fests up and down the Sound (Friday–Sunday).
- Explore the fascinating ecosystem of Mercer Slough with a view from a canoe — preregistration and canoeing experience required (Saturday).
- Park the devices and try out being an 1880s kid through hands-on activities at a local historic spot (Saturday).
- Tap into insider tips on the most awesome and affordable outings with kids (Saturday).
- Try drumming African rhythms, take part in hands-on activities and enjoy live music and culture at the free and family-friendly Festival Sundiata (Saturday–Sunday).
- It's a gathering of fans and makers of slime: That's right, it's Slimetopia (Saturday–Sunday).
- Stretch out on the grass, watch the boats go by and listen to live music in the gardens (Saturday–Sunday).
- A super low tide weekend — and a sunny one at that — beckons gentle tide pool explorers to many local beaches (Saturday–Monday).
- There's a cool ride for everyone to love at the Eastside's awesome vintage car show, or check out the classics lining the street in downtown Burien (Sunday).
- It's the Father's Day edition of Bicycle Sunday, an opportunity for Pops and family pedalers of all ages to ride along the lake (Sunday).
- Bring your dad and listen to old-time songs and stories of the woods, free (Sunday).
More ideas for weekend (or any day!) fun:
- Entice reluctant hikers on these hikes with a prize, or venture out on one of these kid-friendly hikes that are not too far away.
- Get close to farm critters at local farms and petting zoos, and check out these adorable baby animals recently born at area zoos.
- Need a change of scenery? Try a kid-friendly day trip to one of these awesome nearby towns or this charming seaside spot.
- Go on a family adventure in search of ghost towns or forts and towers to climb.
- Bookmark our family fun calendar for dozens of great activities for every day of the week.
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap's eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend's best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Join us!