The mix of virtual and in-person events we’ve collected for your family weekend represents the fine line we're all walking. We're tired of quarantine and we want to go out and do stuff, but we need to double down on keeping our community safe. Wear your masks and be smart when you venture out. Let's stay strong for each other, friends. Have a great weekend!
9 ideas for family fun this weekend and beyond:
- Treat your kids to old-school fun at a drive-in movie; the pop-up drive-in in Kent starts today — and has bedtime-friendly show times (ongoing).
- Get your Shakespeare on and sign up for a free family challenge called O, Wonder! to complete Shakespeare-inspired missions over the next month (starts Thursday).
- It's another weekend to gobble up elephant ears and Fisher scones as the Fair becomes a drive-through snack destination (Friday–Sunday).
- Gather 'round the laptop to be transported to Scandinavia as Seattle Symphony plays Peer Gynt for families (Saturday).
- Take a self-guided stroll and breathe the country air at lovely Oxbow Farm's open farm day (Saturday).
- Get pedaling on the next edition of Peace Peloton, a family-friendly bike ride in support of Seattle Black-owned businesses (Saturday).
- Grab your masks and set sail on a cruise around Lake Union aboard the enchanting and historic Virginia V steamship; be sure to book ahead (Saturday).
- Celebrate Tacoma Pride quarantine-style with a virtual parade highlighting LGBTQ+ families and allies in our community (Saturday).
- Tune in for music and community celebrating Black folks and the outdoors with a spotlight on Lake Sammamish State Park (Sunday).
More any-time fun ideas:
- It's peak raspberry season at local U-pick berry farms. Yum!
- Take the kids for a dip at popular local saltwater pool or unique and invigorating outdoor pool; both have reopened for summer.
- Missing the library? We are! Check out the variety of summer fun on offer for kids and families from your local library — and it's all free.
- Stock up on M&Ms and take a kid-friendly hike to a beautiful waterfall or to an exciting ghost town.
Our family fun calendar now features great virtual events alongside returning in-person events! There are plenty of engaging activities to fill your days with fun. If you do go out, please stay safe — which now includes mandatory face coverings in public spaces.
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap's eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend's best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Join us!