We hope you've kept your calendar clear for this weekend (except for maybe this). There are so many terrific events happening that you could fill a month of weekends! And it's not just holiday fare, we've got cultural celebrations, mariachi music, free jazz, women shredding it in sports and so much more. Read on and have fun.
- Catch a charming production of "A Charlie Brown Christmas" that's a holiday treat for families of all ages (through Dec. 27).
- Embrace "Star Wars" mania and line up for the release of the new installment (Friday).
- Cross your fingers that the dry weather holds and venture out to explore the woods in the dark (Friday).
- Bundle up for a spectacular show on ice, for a good cause (Friday–Saturday).
- It's the last weekend for free skating at Snoqualmie Ridge (Friday–Sunday).
- Santa's modern mode of transportation drops him in to the Museum of Flight; be there to greet him (Saturday).
- Black Santa poses for free photos for families; RSVP to let him know you're coming (Saturday).
- Watch exciting remote control racing action for free (Saturday).
- Discover the spirit of Kwanzaa with a community celebration at the park, free (Saturday).
- Santa Clam? You'll have to head to Ivar's to find out what this wacky character looks like (Saturday).
- Stop by Bellevue Arts Museum to get crafty constructing your own little house of sweets (Saturday).
- Pick apart an owl pellet to see what an owl eats for lunch (Saturday).
- There are Santas and gingerbread houses by the dozen but this might be the only free holiday mariachi concert; don't miss it (Saturday).
- Bring a donation of new kids' pajamas and join a cozy and fun community Hanukkah celebration (Saturday).
- Explore Pacific Science Center's seasonal fun at a discount when you bring a food bank donation (Saturday–Sunday).
- Cap off a day of holiday shopping with rousing Celtic music, free at the Market Stage at Crossroads (Saturday).
- Last weekend to catch Studio East's hilarious send-up of a classic Christmas Eve poem (Saturday–Sunday).
- You've seen Santa, now visit Frosty for holiday fun and games (Saturday–Sunday).
- Watch the warthogs, meerkats, hippos and others dig into their holiday treats (Saturday–Monday).
- Celebrate — and learn about — the culture of Puerto Rico through music and dance at the park (Sunday).
- Catch a free concert by the legendary Garfield High School Jazz Ensemble (Sunday).
- Get inspired watching short films showcasing talented women in action sports, free (Sunday).
- Join a beautiful, peaceful, candle-lit walk for families celebrating the winter solstice (Sunday–Monday).
Our guide to holiday happy hours for families delivers dinner plus cheer. Take advantage of winter break to get gliding on one of these seasonal skating rinks; they won't be around forever. Stop by to see an epic light show programmed to music, designed by a Seattle teen, or peruse our list of best holiday light displays. (We've got the inside scoop on the Lantern Light Festival at the Puyallup fairgrounds, too.) Get a dose of holiday cheer on the cheap if you haven't yet; our list tells you where. And don't miss our full family fun calendar for more great activities every day of the week.
Want more family fun?
Sign up for ParentMap's enews and receive this round-up of the weekend's best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Join us!