Spring flowers are everywhere, kids are skipping gleefully to school and shots are going in arms. Things are looking up! Before spring break rolls around for some families next week, we've got a bounty of great ideas on tap for your weekend. Pick some from-home or in-person springy family fun and get to it. Mask up and we'll see you out there.
10 ideas for family fun this weekend and beyond:
- Order an exploration kit and travel to amazing outdoor spots around Bainbridge to engage in super-cool STEM and art activities (through Sunday).
- The Washington State Spring Fair is reimagined and ready for families; book your timed tix and read our guide for deets (Wednesday–Sunday).
- Pack your snacks and blankets! Fab and family-friendly films are playing at three different pop-up drive-ins this weekend (Friday–Saturday).
- Tune in for the 2021 virtual Cherry Blossom and Japanese Cultural Fest featuring a karate demo, Taiko performance, sakura roll cooking demo and more (Friday–Sunday).
- Here are a few more chances to stand up and speak out against anti-Asian hate and bias; head to a street corner near you (Friday–Sunday).
- Woo woo! Kitsap Live Steamers' free mini train rides are back up and running this spring; wear your mask and climb aboard (Saturday).
- Join a family Tae Kwon Do class, build an erupting volcano and learn to make banana sushi during the Y's free virtual Healthy Kids Day (Saturday).
- Tune in for the kid-tastic antics and magic of the one and only Louie Foxx performing his One Man Side Show (Saturday).
- Get your headlamp and bundle up to explore an urban wildland at night, discovering what lurks there after dark (Saturday).
- Hear a story about Aretha Franklin and "tour" a local musician's studio during NAAM's interactive virtual story time (Sunday).
More anytime-fun ideas:
- It's tulip time! Read our guide to the 2021 Skagit Valley Tulip Festival and book your tix asap.
- Learn about the traditions and practices of the Duwamish tribe, Seattle's original people, on a local ecotour.
- Find some pint-sized adventure for your kids at playgrounds with the highest slides, fastest zip lines and more thrills.
- Eat your way around the I.D. with our guide to family-friendly takeout and treats from a local Chinese mom.
- Show your vaccine card to claim your free doughnut — then hand it over to the greedy mouths in the back seat.
Our family fun calendar features great virtual events alongside in-person events! There are plenty of engaging activities to fill your days with fun. If you do go out, please stay safe — which includes mandatory wearing of face coverings in public spaces.
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap's eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend's best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Don't miss it!