Press pause on those sweaters and new backpacks, people! Let's milk every drop of summer we have left. Here are our top picks for awesome family fun this weekend, organized by region:
- Get your hands on really cool, free interactive games and activities, designed for all ages and to showcase the power of design in daily life (Saturday–Sunday).
- Make a sand mandala, try traditional Tibetan food and partake in kids' activities at the free and all-welcome Tibet Fest (Saturday–Sunday).
- Don't mess around with your kids' brains! Pop by the Skyway fire station for free bike helmet; bring the kids to get properly fitted (Saturday).
- Spend the day blowing bubbles, watching demos and dancing among the bubbles — all at BubbleFest (Sunday).
Eastside and environs:
- Have a ball visiting sweet wallabies, piglets and deer, riding the carnival rides and catching thrilling logging show action at the Evergreen State Fair (opening Thursday).
- Play giant foosball and retro arcade games, plus try out the VR experience at fun-filled fest called Game On! (Saturday).
- Explore the Eastside's incredible green spaces on a free, easy, guided family nature walk (Saturday).
- Wander the pathways, admire beautiful artwork set amid the plants and flowers and snack on food truck fare at a gorgeous city garden (Saturday–Sunday).
South Sound area:
- Catch up with Spidey or Dumbo, both starring in free outdoor family movies in the park (Friday).
- Try flow yoga, inspect a fire engine and learn to tie knots all while exploring a lovely local garden (Saturday).
- It's the last weekend this season to meet the mini donkeys and explore a historic family farm (Saturday–Sunday).
- Build with Lego, try the inflatable obstacle course and meet remarkable reptiles at a fantastic and free kids' fest (Sunday).
- Channel your inner pirate on a dockside tour of amazing vintage tall ships, the Lady Washington and the Hawaiian Chieftan (Sunday).
- Explore one or more of our awesome state and national parks free in honor of the National Park Service's birthday (Sunday).
More ideas for weekend (or any day!) fun:
- Last weeks to play your way through our summer 2019 bucket list for families!
- Procrastinator camping — you can still go: Here's how.
- Stretch little legs on these family hikes in the Issaquah Alps, or kid-friendly hikes within 90 minutes of Seattle.
- Savor summer on a tour of all these awesome ice cream shops.
- Splash and play at local lakes and beaches or these amazing kid-friendly swimming holes.
- Bookmark our family fun calendar for dozens of great activities happening every day of the week.
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap's eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend's best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Join us!