Happy Easter, happy Passover and happy weekend to all. We've gathered up a basketful of the best activities and events for family fun. Enjoy!
- Find your perfect egg hunt in our jumbo-sized list of Easter activities; there's one around every corner (Friday–Sunday).
- Frolic in nature on free days our stunning national parks (Saturday) or glorious state parks (Saturday, Monday).
- Show how much you dig our planet joining a family Earth Day event: plant, remove weeds and show appreciation for nature (Saturday).
- Turn up for a festive Easter parade through a local historic town and wear your best bonnet for the best Easter bonnet contest (Saturday).
- Protect those precious kids' noggins with a well-fitting bike helmet; get one free and ride the course at a bike rodeo (Saturday).
- Feel the beat with the fam with free, interactive dancing and drumming workshops for all at the global World Rhythm Festival (Saturday).
- Take a free dip in a local pool while absorbing critical water safety tips and skills to be ready for summer (Saturday).
- Rock out with local kindie star Caspar Babypants at an affordable show for families at the historic Everett Theatre (Saturday).
- If you're headed to see the gorgeous fields of tulips (ongoing), stop in to meet sweet bunnies, baby goats, ducklings and more at a 4-H petting farm (Saturday–Sunday).
- Kids, create a colorful garden ornament to welcome sunnier days or as a gift for a special someone (Saturday–Sunday).
- Register for a crack at the Passover-themed family escape room challenge; can you make it out? (Sunday).
- Feel the rhythm of life together with your community in a free, all-welcome drum circle; bring a drum if you have one (Sunday).
More ideas for the weekend (or any-day!) fun:
- Put a new playground or two in rotation with a visit to the fantastic new High Point Play Area or the redesigned Meydenbauer Bay Park, or one of these reliably adventurous faves.
- Sports family? Reign FC plays its home opener this weekend, or catch an affordable, family-friendly baseball game.
- Get rolling on family fun at one of these 10 best bike paths for kids around Seattle and the Eastside or these 7 best bike paths for kids around the South Sound.
- Stretch your legs on an easy, family-friendly spring hike.
- Bookmark our family fun calendar for dozens of great activities for every day of the week.
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap's eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend's best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Join us!