Our weekend picks for families include activities for those ready to double-down on holiday cheer and activities for those needing a wee break from it. Either way, gather your crew and make the most of your together time.
- Stroll the trails of a hidden garden beautifully lit up to mark the solstice (Thursday–Saturday).
- Turn up in Denny Park for stilt walkers and the unveiling of a new winter light show — or see the lights another night (Friday).
- A local ice rink welcomes all for its annual free holiday show of spectacular skating; dress warmly (Friday–Saturday).
- St. Nick has upgraded his air transport from an old-fashioned sleigh; join in for Santa's landing festivities and to see his new rig (Saturday).
- Explore the urban wilds in winter on a free family stroll guided by a ranger (Saturday).
- Gather with the community at the park to drum and dance in the Afro-Cuban tradition, beginners welcome (Saturday).
- Ensure your family's safety with a free trigger lock or lock box giveaway for safe storage of your firearms (Saturday).
- Learn about bears while they're sleeping, including which ones live around here, and give hibernating a try (Saturday).
- Bring your wish list and holiday cheer to meet and pose with Black Santa at the Northwest African American Museum (Saturday–Sunday).
- Visit reindeer, catch a magic show and hang with everyone's favorite snowman, Frosty — sorry, Olaf (Saturday–Sunday).
- Celebrate with the animals as they unwrap and munch on their special holiday treats; sloth bears, gorillas, siamangs, penguins and lots more get gifts (Saturday–Monday).
More any-day fun!
- Revel in the holiday spirit on family outings that are budget-friendly
- Taste the hype with kids at Seattle's Shake Shack
- Treat the fam to a dazzling holiday light show
- Head to the stadium for our region's newest holiday attraction
And don't forget, our family fun calendar has dozens of great activities for every day of the week.
Want more family fun?
Sign up for ParentMap's eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend's best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Try it!