Sign up for weekend fun! Every Thursday, we send this weekend family-fun list (plus more) to our ParentMap enews subscribers. Join us; it's free, quick and easy!
Could this be the weekend that I actually put away my puffy coat and cease obsessing over the weather? For a few days, maybe, but let's not go crazy just yet, right? There is lots of family fun on offer this weekend, in or out of the sun, so take a gander at some of our ideas and start your plan.
It'll be a great weekend for your crew to roll out on a family bike ride, head to one of these rewarding family hikes with a prize or ogle the sweet baby animals at one of these local farms and petting zoos. Got little ones under age 6? This preschool bucket list has tons of fun ideas. And if you get too hot out there (ha), check our guide to the best family-friendly films at SIFF (opening Thursday).
On this weekend:
- Get energized at this free kids' bike rodeo with Zumba, fun run and more to get your family moving (Saturday).
- Love The Muppets? Fly your muppet flag at the epic Celebrational Muppetational (Friday) or explore the puppet brilliance of Jim Henson at a new exhibit (opening Saturday).
- Make your own hacky sack, watch Moana and more at the Wing's free family day (Saturday).
- Frolic in the street at the University District Street Fair (Saturday–Sunday).
- Explore the cultural traditions of China through dance, music, food and more (Saturday).
- Get your hands on history at the Fraser Cabin (Saturday).
- See how bears like camping at NW Trek (Saturday).
- Dig into herbs and natural foods, plus kids' activities at this free herb and food fair (Saturday).
- Groove to the rhythms of West Africa free at Crossroads (Saturday).
- Fly to the moon with Spacefest and the opening of The Apollo Exhibition (Saturday–Sunday).
- Sharpen your kids' bike safety skills at this fun, free bike rodeo (Sunday).
- Climb aboard some big rigs at an annual touch-a-truck event (Sunday).
- Try to keep up with some powerful girls on the run (Sunday).
- Cruise along Lake Washington on a car-free biking boulevard (Sunday).
- Get your 'shroom on at a family fungi fest (Sunday).
- Meet some turtles at a free World Turtle Day celebration (Sunday).
- In to Japanese anime and manga? There's a free fest for you (Friday–Saturday).
- Follow Alice to a modern, video game-inspired world in Wonderland! (opening Friday).
And check out our full family fun calendar for more activities every day of the week!