Well, I guess that's it for summer? Fall is here! It's time to stomp in some puddles, pick apples and select your perfect pumpkin. Yep, patches are opening this weekend! It's been a while, but we know how to handle the drizzle. Haul out the rain gear and get to it. Have a fantastic weekend, all.
10 activities for family fun this weekend:
- There are a few days left to do the Puyallup, from admiring the piglets to gobbling the scones. Remember to mask up (through Sunday).
- Spread out your cozy blankets and enjoy family-favorite movie “Coco,” free in the park (Friday).
- Register ahead to join a free family ranger program — with bats or turtules, perhaps — at wondrous wild spaces on the Eastside (Friday–Sunday).
- Head for the hills! Or a lake or the woods! It's a free entrance day at all of our amazing state and national parks (Saturday).
- Get a taste of truly local food touring Sammamish Valley farms; stock up on farm-fresh produce, honey, flowers and more (Saturday).
- Mask up to join a community Korean harvest fest featuring paper lotus flower crafts, Korean food, traditional music and more (Saturday).
- Ensure that your little one is properly buckled in and safe on the road with a free car seat safety check (Saturday).
- Snack your way through the International District, enjoying night market food, performances and shopping (Saturday).
- An in-person Festál celebration is here! Savor Italian culture through delicious food, grape-stomping, bocce ball and Ferraris. Wear your maschera (Saturday–Sunday).
- Bring your apple-tite for all the tasty things on offer at Lattin's Apple Festival; you know, fresh-picked apples, cider and those legendary apple fritters (Saturday–Sunday).
More anytime-fun ideas:
- It's pumpkin hunting season! Pick your patch and go gather your gourds.
- Plan a quick family escape for a change of scenery and a deep breath.
- Get Kraken over to Seattle's new iceplex; it's open now for family ice skating.
- Pop on your boots and head to the orchard to pick a peck of tasty Washington apples.
Plus, our family fun calendar features great virtual and in-person events — every day of the week!
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap’s eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend’s best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Don’t miss it!