Got your cubs climbing all over you this week? Queue up some family fun this weekend. We've rounded up some wide-ranging picks that include our free and easy camp fair, accordion music, a yo-yo competition and a toilet design workshop. For real?! See you out there!
- Catch the last day of interactive family fun at Seattle Center and explore the roots of American music and dance (Friday).
- Learn about the African American inventor who developed IBM computers (Friday), turn up for MLK story time (Saturday) or check out other local family events honoring Black History Month.
- Music-loving families will dig the incredible bluegrass bands playing at Wintergrass (Thursday–Sunday) or Day of the Accordion acts playing Crossroads' Market Stage (Friday–Sunday).
- Try a new family twist on the Saturday morning ritual of watching cartoons; these ones are extra-cool (Saturday).
- Plan your kids' summer in one pleasant, easy stop at ParentMap's Seattle-area camp fair (Saturday).
- Turn up to watch aspiring yo-yo champs walk the dog and so much more (Saturday).
- Join a free architecture workshop for families digging into the challenge of designing the ideal public toilet (Saturday).
- Rain? That's what jackets are for. Exploring this enchanting greenspace will still be fun if there's liquid sunshine (Saturday).
- Gobble all-you-can-eat pancakes in support of youth scholarship programs (Sunday).
- Get reading on the select title and join other kids for the free Pillow Fort Book Club (Sunday).
- There's a "con" for everything now, it seems. Cake Con is kind of pricey, but you can make a bee line for all the delicious samples (Sunday).
- Kids practice reading with a sweet and patient pooch as their adoring audience (Sunday).
More ideas for the weekend or any-day fun:
- Make it through mid-winter break (and the rest of winter!) with our round-up of fun family outing ideas.
- Honor the experiences and contributions of black Americans — past, present and future — at local Black History Month events for families.
- Plan a special date with your favorite kid(s).
- Take a break from cooking and enjoy dinner at a local restaurant with a play area for kids.
- Dream up a weekend family getaway to one of these amazing kid-friendly lodges around the Northwest.
- Bookmark our family fun calendar for dozens of great activities for every day of the week.
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap's eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend's best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Try it!