Luck o' the Irish to everyone for a weekend chock-full of fun family time! There are many ways to go green, from celebrating St. Patrick's Day to buying used books to planting a tiny garden. Enjoy!
- Hop on for a fantastic journey as the last unicorn searches for her kin (opening Friday).
- Suit your kids up in green and have them sprint a Leprechaun Lap around Seattle Center (Saturday).
- Go green and cheer on the bands and floats in the Irish Parade along Fourth Avenue (Saturday).
- Keep your kids' noggins safe while they're on wheels with free bike helmets — be sure to bring the kids along to get properly fitted (Saturday).
- Venture out after dark in search of crepuscular critters — and find out what those are (Saturday).
- Immerse yourself in the culture and traditions of Irish people with dancing, music, food, hands-on activities and lots more (Saturday–Sunday).
- Stop by a local nursery to create your own mini garden in a jar (Saturday–Saturday).
- Stock up on new-to-you reads for all ages and for cheap at a huge and awesome book sale (Saturday–Sunday).
- Bring your pooch and your fam for walkin', waggin' fun, including a pet and owner look-alike contest (Sunday).
- Catch groovy Pete the Cat in a tale of friendship and adventure (Sunday).
- Celebrate Persian New Year and learn about Iranian culture with a free community gathering (Sunday).
- Get your tickets to an enchanting, must-see ballet for families (Sunday).
- Stretch your weekend if you can and visit one of our super state parks for free (Monday).
You won't need sun for these spring hikes for families — though it won't hurt if it comes out. Admire the powerful, colorful modern art at a local exhibit, or hunt for colorful street art around town. Play your way down a toy-filled memory lane or discover a new nature spot on a family adventure for spring. The month of March offers up a whole roster of free and nearly-free family outings; try one! Some sweet and patient critters would like to hear a story from your young reader: find out where to go. And don't forget, our family fun calendar has tons of great activities for every day of the week.
Want more family fun?
Sign up for ParentMap's enews and receive this round-up of the weekend's best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Try it!