Chances are good that you’ve heard of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. From poverty to health to education, the foundation and its partners have improved the lives of billions of people. What you might not know: They’re hoping to inspire the next generation of changemakers, too.
Every month, we’ll profile one teen from the Seattle area who is making a difference in their community. Some of the teens featured are involved in the Youth Ambassadors Program (YAP) at the Gates Foundation, a year-long service learning program for high school students designed to educate, engage and empower youth.
These teens have their sights set on a better, brighter future. Learn how the Gates Foundation Discovery Center is helping them get there and how you can, too.
- July 2019: Maya Milton
- June 2019: LaShaiah Dickerson
- May 2019: Andrea Liao
- April 2019: Deepthi Chandra
- March 2019: Aarushi Sahai
- February 2019: Mario Falit-Baiamonte
- January 2019: Leila Abe
- December 2018: Yubi Mamiya
- November 2018: Cielo Martinez
- October 2018: Sarah Pham
- September 2018: Tejas Raj
- August 2018: Deborah Sepulveda
- July 2018: Kaya Nieves
- June 2018: Beth Girma
- May 2018: Jahlil Kirby
- April 2018: Tai McMillan
- March 2018: Kelly Chen
- February 2018: Breanna Glover
- January 2018: Lauren Bergman