Chorizo and Butternut Squash Tacos | Credit: Taco Tuesday Cookbook
Chorizo and butternut squash tacos
This tasty squash and kale taco recipe has a spicy kick, thanks to the chorizo sausage, and is balanced out nicely with creamy goat cheese crumbles.
- 12 ounces (340 g) fresh chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup (80 g) chopped onion
- 1 pound (454 g) squash, cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups (135 g) finely chopped kale, stems removed
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/4 cup (35 g) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup (4 g) chopped fresh cilantro
Remove the chorizo from its casings and cook in a large skillet over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chorizo to a plate; leave the drippings in the pan.
Add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes, until golden and soft. Add the squash, garlic powder and cumin and continue to cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until the squash is soft.
Add the kale and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. add the cooked chorizo back into the pan and stir to combine. Remove the pan from the heat, add the lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.
To assemble the tacos, place a layer of chorizo and squash mixture on each tortilla, top with some crumbled goat cheese and sprinkle with cilantro.