Of course you’ll let Pops sleep in late on Father’s Day. And you’ll make him a mammoth breakfast with unlimited bacon. Then it’s time to take him on a Dad-centric family adventure!
Need a plan? We’ve got you covered with an array of local things to do on Father’s Day for top-shelf dads. Whether he’s a car guy, boat guy, nature guy, music guy, strawberry guy (?) or an awesomely easy-to-please guy, you’ll find something here for your Father’s Day weekend family fun.
Happy Father’s Day to all the super dads out there. Cheers to you!
Things to do on Father’s Day around Seattle
- Let your dad gobble up the sweet berries and shortcake at not one, but five local strawberry festivals — and one Berry Dairy Fest — happening over Father’s Day weekend (through June 18).
- This annual arts and music festival has something for the whole fam including inflatables for kids, a car show and beer garden for dad, and food and music for all (Friday–Sunday, June 16–18).
- Learn all about the science of water and keeping Puget Sound healthy while celebrating Dad with carnival games, ribbons and a crafty card (Saturday, June 17).
- Dads and kids alike will have a blast exploring everything fire-safety-related at MOHAI’s Fire Day, which marks the 134th anniversary of the Great Fire in Seattle. There will be demos, ladder truck and fire boat tours, story time and more with the Seattle Fire Department (Saturday, June 17).
- Check out a game of motorcycle soccer at this motors and music fest featuring vintage cars, motorcycles, music and food (Saturday, June 17).
- Take Dad to admire the fancy yachts and hop aboard for a tour during Classic Weekend (Saturday–Sunday, June 17–18).
- Grab your helmets and enjoy a car-free bike ride with Dad along a section of Lake Washington Boulevard during one of Seattle’s Bicycle Weekends (Saturday–Sunday, June 17–18).
- Explore the beach at low tide at a number of different locations. Naturalists will be on hand over Father’s Day weekend to lend their expertise (Friday–Monday, June 16–19).
- Airplane-loving dad? Inspect all the awesome aircraft and look up to catch the amazing aerobatics performed at a local air show (Saturday–Sunday, June 17–18).
- All aboard! Northwest Railway Museum brings out its historic steam engine for Father’s Day weekend train excursions; buy your tix online (Saturday–Sunday, June 17–18).
- Car dads — and grandpas — will appreciate all the classic and vintage rides to admire during Father’s Day car shows taking place in Issaquah, Monroe and in Burien (all on Sunday, June 18).
- Venture into the waters of Commencement Bay on a Father’s Day kayak trip with Dad and the rest of the family (Sunday, June 18).
- Blast off! Dads get in free on Father’s Day at Seattle’s Museum of Flight, where you can check out Air Force One, the Concorde and lots of other flying machines (Sunday, June 18).
- Treat Dad to some “me” time while the rest of the fam takes an outing to the Foss Waterway Seaport. In a fun twist, this fascinating maritime heritage museum is free for moms and kids on Father’s Day (Sunday, June 18).
- A whole afternoon of music and entertainment is scheduled at a West Seattle neighborhood park for a fun and casual Dad’s Day outing (Sunday, June 18).
- Celebrate Dad at Lemay — America’s Car Museum where special activities are happening all day. There will even be a special menu for dads in the café (Sunday, June 18).
More for the papas: