Q&A with Therapist and Sex Educator Jo Langford and author of Spare Me 'The Talk'!: A Guy's Guide to Sex, Relationships, and Growing Up.
Langford shares how to nurture your teen as he or she strives for independence, how to navigate parenting teens in the era of social media and smartphones and how to nurture your relationship even as teens begin pushing for more independence.
Topics covered in this video include:
- Tips for helping teens open up
- When to step in and when to encourage independence
- How to help your teen establish structure and routines
- How and when to have important conversations about potentially awkward topics
- Having healthy boundaries with techonology and avoiding fights over tech
- Navigating power struggles