MAKES 18 CUPCAKES
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (16-ounce) package white candy coating or almond bark
- Green food coloring
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16-ounce) can chocolate frosting
- Assorted decorating frostings and gels
- Green Mike and Ike candies
- Assorted candies and sprinkles
Prepare cake mix according to directions for making cupcakes. Line cupcake pans with fun cupcake papers and fill each two-thirds of the way full. Bake according to instructions. Let cupcakes cool completely.
Following the package directions, melt the candy coating in the microwave. After the coating is melted, add a few drops of green food coloring and stir. Add more if needed, until the candy coating is a nice monster green.
Using a bamboo skewer, dip a marshmallow into the candy coating until covered. Place on wax paper to cool. Repeat until you have made 18 coated marshmallows.
Stir almond extract into the chocolate frosting. Then frost each cupcake.
Place 1 coated marshmallow in the center of each cupcake. Decorate with frosting and gels to create a mini Frankenstein’s monster head. Use a little extra frosting to stick green Mike and Ike candy “bolts” to the sides of the head. Finish off with more candies and sprinkles.
Up next: Werewolf Cupcakes