It's finally (almost) here! If a chorus of voices at your house (like mine) have been counting the days until Halloween, thank goodness we are closing in on the big day. Make the most of this costume- and candy-tastic holiday with our king-size list of family-fun things to do.
We've gathered some of the best, spooky-fun pumpkin, harvest and Halloween activities happening around the Sound for this weekend: Most events are happening Friday–Sunday, Oct. 25–27, 2019, with a few haps next week. Bonus: Many events are completely free. Happy Halloween 2019!
- Bounce in the haunted bounce house, then dodge the pumpkins in the haunted pool! (Friday)
- Try a spooky night out at this lovely Shoreline garden, which you'll get to see in a new light (Friday–Saturday).
- Wear your costume and chase a monster at this fun dash in the park (Saturday).
- Partake in daylight trick-or-treating from local businesses and support a good cause (Saturday).
- Wear your costumes and boogie along to the DJ's tunes, plus learn how to make spooky sounds on a theremin at KEXP's kids' dance party (Saturday).
- Bounce in the bouncy house, eat some snacks and try out the brand-new play structure at this free fall fest in the park (Saturday).
- Find another daylight trick-or-treating opportunity plus wiener dog races in Burien's hip downtown (Saturday).
- Play indoor carnival games, then march in a costume parade and trick-or-treat along Broadway (Saturday).
- Hooray for hippos chomping on pumpkins! One child under 12 in costume is admitted free to the zoo this weekend per paying adult (Saturday–Sunday).
- Take the littles for indoor trick-or-treating and safe Halloween fun at the Children's Museum (Saturday–Sunday).
- Turn up in costume at the Museum of Fright for a spooky scavenger hunt and other frightful fun — kids in costume get in free and adults are $10 (Sunday).
- Turn up early for a seat to listen to spooky organ music in a grand hall, free (Sunday).
- Bring the wee tots for indoor trick-or-treating and a free Halloween clown show (Thursday).
- Ready to step into the haunted woods? Show up at opening time for the less-frightful family scare (through Thursday).
- For a special thrill, sign up to zip through the woods in the spooky darkness (Friday–Saturday).
- Check out some creepy critters, then work up a sweat bouncing in your costume, free (Saturday).
- Join some free family Halloween fun with a zany, unforgettable comedy show for kids (Saturday).
- What do you get when you mix pugs and Halloween? Find out (Saturday).
- Costumes encouraged for free fun and games at the museum (Saturday).
- Get your zombie on at this zombie-rrific afternoon fest (Saturday).
- Turn up to watch a whole mess of zombies dance to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" — show up early to enter the youth zombie costume contest (Saturday).
- Sign up to wear your costume and perform spooky science experiments with your fam (Sunday).
South Sound-area events
- Snap a photo with the Peanuts gang and try some Halloween crafts at this free Great Pumpkin Celebration (Friday–Thursday).
- Show off your costume to adorable raccoons and skunks playing with pumpkins (Saturday).
- Get eye-to-eye with some creepy specimens from under the sea at a free, marine-themed Halloween bash (Saturday).
- Make crafts, snap a photo of your costume in the photo booth, try trunk-or-treating in the park; plus, take a lights-out tour of the nearby BOO-seum (Saturday).
- Learn to see like a bat and press apples into cider at the un-spooky Boo Bash (Saturday–Sunday).
- Get a kid's-eye view of a real haunted house during a special, unscary kids' walk-through — with candy! (Saturday, Thursday).
- Daytime trick-or-treating and a "Thriller" dance performance are highlights of Boo-Allup in Puyallup (Thursday).
- Sip on some goblin brew and join family-friendly games among lovely plants and flowers (Thursday).