Use the following instructions to access ParentMap's 2021 Puget Sound Preschool Preview event. We have set up the event so you can join at any time during or after the live event.
►Watch this quick video for helpful information and tips to get the most out of your event experience!
How to join the event
There are two ways you can access the event, depending on your preference.
- Head here to access the Puget Sound Preschool Preview via your web browser on a desktop or mobile device. Enter your name and email address, and then set a password to create your profile.
- Download the official mobile app on your Apple or Android device to unlock advanced features, including event notifications.
- Download the ParentMap Live App.
- After the app is installed, enter your name and email address, and set a password to create your profile (if you haven't already).
- Tap the Puget Sound Preschool Preview event icon.
- Tap JOIN.
- Enable push notifications on your device to receive custom event notifications and session reminders.
Once you have joined the event platform, you can view the full schedule of sessions through the Agenda icon. You can build a personalized event agenda and elect to receive reminders through the app so you don’t miss sessions of interest.
You can filter the agenda by session type by selecting the filter icon on the upper-right corner of your screen. To join a session, tap the session from the main agenda, then select the Video Stream link.
In addition, we recommend having Zoom preinstalled on your computer or mobile device prior to the event. Zoom will be used to stream the breakout sessions, with the session links accessed through the event portal. If you don’t have Zoom installed on your device already, you can download it here.
Preschool Resource Fair
Once you have joined the event, be sure to visit the virtual resource fair. Connect with representatives of over 70 preschools and child-care programs from across the greater Puget Sound to find the best enrichment options for your child.
► Check out the event program for a full list of participating organizations and useful resources.
Resource fair booths are now available to browse at your convenience to start researching program offerings. Vendors will be available to live chat from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. on Jan. 23.
There are two ways to connect live with a vendor, depending on your preference:
- Zoom meeting room: Most vendors will have a live Zoom meeting setup during the resource fair. To join their room, select the organization you would like to chat with by visiting its vendor booth under the resource fair tab. Select the Chat Now button beneath the organization’s logo to join the Zoom room.
- Chat using the event app: First, head to the Attendees icon on the app menu and search for the business you would like to connect with. Next, send a request to connect with a program representative and you will be joined once the vendor accepts your request. Once you have been connected, you can start a chat at any time through the Chat icon on the mobile app or the Messages option on the web app.
You can filter the booths by region (Seattle, Eastside, North Sound, South Sound) by selecting the filter icon on the upper-right corner of your screen. You can also favorite a booth by selecting the star icon on the upper-right corner of the screen for easy access later, or add a custom note by selecting the paper and pencil icon.
Attendees may continue to explore the resource fair and send connection requests to vendors after the main event concludes.
Join breakout sessions
Throughout the live event, join special breakout sessions with schools and speakers to inform your preschool search. Plus, enjoy free kids’ activities! To see the full schedule and access a session, visit the Agenda icon on the event homepage. Applicable school sessions are also linked under each vendor booth.
There are three types of sessions, and each one will last approximately 15–30 minutes.
- School Info Sessions: Schools will host 15-minute orientation sessions to allow you to learn more about their education programs, registration information and philosophy.
- Pint-Sized Pointers: Enjoy free topic-focused discussions featuring useful tips from a preschool expert’s bag of tricks!
- Play Time: Keep your kids entertained with 20–30-minute activity sessions, led by local preschool instructors. Sessions include story time, dance, preschool lessons and more.
Missed something? Most sessions will be recorded and available to watch at your convenience after the main event concludes.
Connect with other parents and experts
Find your village! Join the event discussion board to trade tips and preschool recommendations with other parents, ask questions and chat with experts.
Enter to win prizes
Visit the contests section for a chance to win sweet prizes. Prizes include a free week of summer camp, a $50 REI gift card, a $50 Amazon gift card and more. You can join the event challenge and start collecting points NOW!
As you are browsing the event on the web platform, if you click on any external links they will open in a new browser window. Click the event tab in your browser to return to the event. On the mobile app, you can select “close” to get back to the app from an external link.
If you have any questions or need help, access the FAQ section on the event platform. You can also chat with attendees, vendors and event organizers through the event discussion board. For additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you online!