Field Camp play area at the Burke Museum. Credit: Vicky McDonald
Rain, rain ... it’s okay
When you need to get out of the house and play, but can’t face the rain or dark, try a visit to a kid-friendly indoor spot. Note that most of these require more planning ahead than they used to. Book timed-entry tickets ahead of time — and of course, you need to mask up.
- Beloved KidsQuest Children’s Museum is open for play; book your tix online.
- Olympia’s Hands On Children’s Museum is a favorite of South Sound–area kids.
- Our reviewer details the best things to do with young kids at Seattle’s Burke Museum.
- Wee tots can play the day away at the pay-what-you-can Children’s Museum of Tacoma.
- Imagine Children’s Museum is open and welcoming Puget Sound–area families.
- This kid-friendly South Sound museum is open — and it’s free.