Easy Lemon Chicken Orzo Bake with Artichoke Hearts, Peas, Parmesan and Feta Cheese
Tired of seeing recipes pop up touting they're quick and easy weeknight dinners only to realize they're long and laborious? Us, too. Fortunately, Chef Joel has come up with this actual quick, easy and nutritious weeknight winner. In the second “Kitchen Magic” video, Hannah L. (age 6) and Julia Z. (age 6) cook alongside Chef Joel to create a simple chicken dish that'll please everyone in your family.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. Heat olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
5. Add the uncooked orzo pasta in the same skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted.
6. Pour in the chicken broth, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir well to combine.
7. Add the frozen peas and artichoke hearts to the skillet, mixing them into the orzo mixture.
8. Return the chicken breasts to the skillet, nestling them into the orzo, peas and artichoke mixture.
9. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese evenly over the chicken and orzo.
10. Crumble the feta cheese and sprinkle it on top.
11. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the orzo is tender.
12. Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
13. Serve directly from the skillet, spooning the orzo, peas, artichoke hearts and melted cheeses onto plates with a chicken breast on top.
Enjoy this easy and flavorful lemon chicken orzo bake with the added deliciousness of artichoke hearts, peas, parmesan and feta cheese!