Halloween is here! If the sunny weekend forecast stays true — crossing fingers over here — we’ll have rare and dry Northwest trick-or-treating! That's worth a pound of candy at least. On this Halloween weekend, celebrate with all the best in family fun, from wearing your costume to a sunny nature stroll in the park and lots more. Happy Halloween to all!
10 activities for family fun:
- Can there be too many chances to collect candy and show off your costume? Our king-size Halloween planner lists all the best opportunities, at their peak this weekend (through Sunday).
- Escape the clutches of an enormous and scary haunted pirate ship by staying safe and snug in your car (through Sunday).
- Honor your departed loved ones and learn more about the traditions of Día de los Muertos at in-person and virtual celebrations around the region (through Nov. 6).
- Elsa, Anna, Miguel and Moana are skating into town, ready to entertain your crew at two area venues (through Nov. 7).
- Book your free tix to Seattle’s beautifully updated Asian Art Museum, free the last Friday of each month (Friday).
- A whole batch of free story walks in local parks will help temper the current state of, um, elevated candy consumption (Friday–Sunday).
- Register for a free family nature walk to explore the wilds of an Eastside park with a knowledgeable ranger (Saturday).
- Discover the style of music called Zydeco during an engaging, high-energy performance for families (Saturday).
- Animals love pumpkins! Watch your fave critters chomp on pumpkin treats at local zoos’ Halloween fests (Saturday–Sunday).
- It's the last weekend to sip cider, gobble up apple fritters and visit the farm animals at Lattin’s Apple Festival (Saturday–Sunday).
More anytime-fun ideas:
- Should you immerse yourself and your fam in the art of Van Gogh?
- Keep ticking through our giant list of fall-season family fun; find colorful hikes, salmon-spotting spots and more.
- Book a family escape to a cozy cabin for a quick reset.
- It's your last chance for haunted houses and spine-tingling delights.
Plus, our family fun calendar features great virtual and in-person events — every day of the week!
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap’s eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend’s best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Don’t miss it!