It's Veterans Day this weekend, observed Monday with a day off school and work for some. We've rounded up terrific ways to spend time with your family, learning about the wider world, plus ways to honor the service of our country's veterans. To them, we say thank you!
- Magical misfit Matilda takes the stage at Village Theatre and proves everyone is in charge of her own destiny (opening Wednesday).
- Venture out in the early darkness to explore the wild woods by flashlight, free with your family (Friday).
- Single parent? This not-creepy gathering is just for you, to make connections and maybe fall in love (Friday).
- Greet the real live reindeer as they take up residence at Swansons Nursery for its annual Reindeer Festival (opening Saturday).
- Learn about veterans of all ages and their experiences and sacrifices at a huge local parade and Veterans Day observance (Saturday).
- Celebrate squids! Squid-A-Rama features free science fun with cephalopods for all ages (Saturday).
- Sign up now to get inside a salmon — literally — with the dissection of a fish and the opportunity to learn more about the spawning journey (Saturday).
- Join ParentMap for the launch of our new book, "52 Seattle Adventures With Kids," packed with all kinds of fun stuff to do with your fam (Saturday).
- Spy some salmon spending their final days swimming up Pipers Creek (Saturday–Sunday).
- Check out talented pups doing cool tricks at an Unorthodogs Flying Dog Club tournament that's free to watch (Saturday–Sunday).
- Immerse yourself in the world of artisan chocolate... yes, there are tastes and treats on offer (Saturday–Sunday).
- Explore one of our amazing national parks or varied and terrific state parks, all free free on Veterans Day (Sunday).
Get your baby or tot out and about with these baby and toddler outing ideas. Catch a sun break and check out this new hillside playground, this new playground with an iconic Seattle view or this new playground that makes a great rest stop. If the drizzle begins, head straight to a rain-proof playground or park because you can't stay inside all day. And don't forget, our family fun calendar has dozens of great activities for every day of the week.
Want more family fun?
Sign up for ParentMap's eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend's best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Try it!