Build a sand castle, ride a train, marvel at hot air balloons, meet a princess: There are tons of family fun options on the docket for this weekend. Enjoy!
- Sign up to get an up-close view of garbage trucks, fire engines and other awesome big rigs (Friday).
- Tour the fascinating peat bog and gather 'round the fire for marshmallows at Shadow Lake Nature Preserve (Friday).
- Pancakes, parades and trains make this community festival a treat for families (Friday–Sunday).
- Admire amazing, mind-bending 3D street art created by talented chalk artists from around the world (Friday–Sunday).
- Samammish unveils its hometown family fest featuring bouncy houses, face painting, music and more (Friday–Sunday).
- Look up for drones, hot-air balloons and vintage aircraft filling the skies at the family-friendly Arlington Fly-In (Friday–Sunday).
- It's big-time play time at Big Day of Play, the most awesome round-up of free kid-focused fun in the park (Saturday).
- Ride the bike blender and tour an important Seattle waterway by kayak (Saturday).
- Meet a superhero and a princess, plus play kids' carnival games at this free street fair (Saturday).
- Meet farmers, enjoy live local music, maybe pet a chicken at Chomp!, a super-fun, green-living family fest (Saturday).
- Get your workout in and win Sounders tix or gear tackling the Yesler Hillclimb Challenge (Saturday).
- Learn to hula or enter the hula-hooping contest for kids, plus feast on plate lunch and shave ice at a local Polynesian fest (Saturday–Sunday).
- Try out VR and learn about creating gaming experiences at a game-themed Curiosity Expo (Saturday–Sunday).
- Turn up to construct your best sand castle creation, or just watch the competiton unfold, at the all-free Richmond Beach sand castle contest (Sunday).
- Celebrate slugs and breathe in nature at a family-fun day in the park (Sunday).
- Immerse yourself in the rhythms of samba and the movements of capoeira, among other highlights of varied Brazilian culture (Sunday).
More ideas for weekend (or any day!) fun:
- Summer is at its peak: Make the most of it with our summer 2019 bucket list for families.
- Splash and play at local lakes and beaches or these amazing kid-friendly swimming holes.
- Plan a quick family getaway to charming Port Townsend, iconic Mount Rainier, kid-friendly towns along Highway 97 or a rustic family lodge.
- Stretch out on your blanket for free outdoor summer concerts and performances in local parks.
- Bookmark our family fun calendar for dozens of great activities happening every day of the week.
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap's eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend's best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Join us!