Catch a sunbreak and head out for a romp on the playground of the week. Credit: Devon Hammer
Okay, this awful “May-vember” weather has got to go. Thankfully, it looks like it will, and none too soon. So, with all kinds of springtime-appropriate options on deck for the weekend, do you want to practice pedaling skills, admire some big rigs or see a play? All these activities and more make up our top weekend recs, plus a sunny forecast means you can go wild almost any time at our playground of the week.
10 activities for family fun this weekend:
- It’s the last weekend to see two terrific Seattle Children’s Theatre shows, “Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus: The Musical!” and “The Watsons Go to Birmingham – 1963” (through Sunday).
- Dust off your family’s two-wheelers! This weekend hosts three different bike rodeos and the launch of Bicycle Weekends for car-free rides along Lake Washington Boulevard (Friday–Sunday).
- Take two! After a hang-up last weekend, it is now time to see the world premiere family musical about a girl and all her alpha-besties (opening Friday).
- Leash up your running shoes and lace up your pooch for a fur family run and fair (Saturday).
- Join in the revelry celebrating Queen Victoria’s birthday in 1850s style with music, tea and hands-on activities at Fort Nisqually (Saturday).
- Hello, Kitty! Bring your Hello Kitty fans to shop for trinkets and treats as the Hello Kitty Cafe Truck makes a local stop (Saturday).
- “Travel” to China without leaving your couch by tuning in for the virtual Glimpse of China fest, showcasing 5,000 years of Chinese arts and culture (Saturday).
- Bring on the big rigs! Sit in the driver’s seat and honk the horn at two free touch-a-truck events (Saturday) and one paid bulldozer fest (Saturday–Sunday).
- Inflatables, dinos and cool classic cars? Sounds like a pretty good family weekend to us. Find it all at a free spring fun fair (Saturday–Sunday).
- Partying in the street is back with the U District Street Fair, welcoming all for live music and tasty fare from dozens of food trucks (Saturday–Sunday).
More any-time outings:
- Our fave mini amusement park is open for the season! Find out what’s new.
- How about a quick weekend getaway? We’ve got the perfect itinerary for this time of year.
- Meet some loveable barnyard or exotic critters at fun farms and petting zoos around the region.
- Catch the magical live animal show featuring Professor Dumbledog that just opened for the season.
- These urban nature hikes are perfect for the littlest legs.
- Find fun in the sun and zap those wiggles at a playground: Find a new-to-you spot from this list?
Plus, our family fun calendar features great virtual and in-person events — every day of the year!
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap’s eNews and receive this roundup of the weekend’s best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Don’t miss it!