Weather bonanza! If you have not yet heard the forecast for this coming weekend, how much we relish telling you to expect 75-degree weather. In honor of this perfect temperature, forthwith 75 fantastic ways to get out and about with the family this weekend.
- 10 places to tiptoe among tulips and other spring blooms
- 38 kid-friendly spring hiking trails to choose from
- 24 wheelie cool bike paths and pump tracks in and around Seattle
- 3 places to partake of farm-fresh fun
Oh, but there’s so much more!
- Don’t miss out on a local celebration of International Bat Appreciation Day, complete with batty activities for kids, an outdoor reading of the classic “Stellaluna,” trail walks, a farm stand and more (Saturday).
- This year’s Washington State Spring Fair may look a little different, but it is still jam-packed with fun things to see, experience, and, of course, eat (through Sunday). Buy tickets online in advance before they sell out, and don’t forget to wear your fat pants!
- Seattle’s largest children’s festival convenes virtually this year, featuring a celebration of international friendship through cultural performances by youths and an art showcase (Saturday–Sunday).
- Put your “two lips” together and whistle with appreciation at amazingly vibrant tulip fields. Read up on this year’s Skagit Valley fest (book your tix ASAP; through April 30); or go daffy at Tacoma’s Daffodil Marine Festival and Parade (Sunday).
- Tweens and teens with a poetic bent won’t want to miss a workshop and spoken-word poetry reading by Seattle Youth Poet Laureate Bitaniya Giday (Saturday).
- Enjoy a spring walkabout at engaging area story strolls (ongoing) or set out on a sunset walk with a park ranger (Friday).
- Our crafty pals at Bellevue Art Museum are offering free activity kits for kids (available for contactless pickup at the museum) to celebrate Earth Day (Saturday).
- Make the most of this gorgeous spring weather with a visit to one of our pristine national parks this Saturday, one of six fee-free entrance days in 2021.
- Pandemic pop-up drive-in movies have spoiled all other small-screen entertainment for us. Check our calendar for a few family-friendly flicks on offer this weekend (Friday–Saturday).
- Book a limited-capacity spring train excursion; scenic adventures depart from the Northwest Railway Museum and the Steam Train Depot in Chehalis (Saturday–Sunday).
More anytime-fun ideas:
- Where art thou, Gnomeo(s)? Walk a woodsy Maple Valley trail, searching the trees and stumps for statues of gnomes and other fun trinkets.
- Hit the open road on one of these diverting day trips.
- Expand your playground horizons with a visit to one of these eight hidden-gem playgrounds boasting beautiful views.
- Slip on your rainboots and head to a local beach for a tidepool scavenger hunt.
- What perfect weather to teach your little one how to ride a bike!
Our family fun calendar features great virtual events alongside in-person events! There are plenty of engaging activities to fill your days with fun. If you do go out, please stay safe — which includes mandatory wearing of face coverings in public spaces.
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap's eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend's best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Don't miss it!