You know, we all thought this Halloween was going to be as disappointing as stale, forgotten candy corn, but it's actually shaping up to be totally Snickers-worthy! There's a sunny weekend ahead for pumpkin plucking, there's our king-size list of fun and spooky Halloween events (both in-real-life and virtual stuff starting now), and there's our Halloween 2020 idea generator for planning a safe and memorable Halloween night, either inside or outside your home. First, check out all this family fun on deck for the weekend!
10 ideas for family fun this weekend and beyond:
- There's another chance this weekend to treat your crew to a larger-than-life, drive-through dino display featuring T-rex, triceratops, velociraptor and all your faves (Thursday–Sunday).
- Stop by Kelsey Creek Farm to visit the barnyard critters! The barnyard is back open and the ponies, sheep, rabbits and more are ready to greet the kids (Friday).
- Wind down the week by parking the tots in front of a KidsQuest virtual concert by local kid-fave singer/songwriter Eric Ode, free (Friday).
- Kids, hunt for hidden statues while your grown-ups take a deep breath in a peaceful, beautiful garden oasis. Find them all and get a prize (Friday–Sunday).
- This nifty, hometown film festival showcases the works of emerging young filmmakers. It's all virtual this year, making catching a film or workshop so easy (opening Friday).
- Join 21 Acres farmers to "Zoom" around the farm on a virtual tour, learning about healthy land and soil, organic farming and local food (Saturday).
- Book your pumpkin carving kit in advance and turn up at McMenamins' Anderson School for an outdoor family carving party, with food and adult bevvies for purchase (Saturday).
- Do not miss this chance to see local legends such as Northwest Tap Connection and Caspar Babypants perform for the virtual Seattle Children's Festival from Folklife and Seattle Center (Saturday–Sunday).
- RSVP, put your costume on and then pop by a Nutty Squirrel Gelato shop to meet characters from "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and have a treat (Saturday–Sunday).
- Hop on Facebook for a free, family-friendly variety show featuring a magician, a circus-trained aerialist and a cruise ship performer — you even get to chat with the artists after the show (Sunday).
More any-time fun ideas:
- Need something to look forward to? Book a family getaway to one of these cool cabin destinations around Washington.
- Pagliacci Pizza wants your vote — in the upcoming election. Show proof of your Washington voter registration and receive a coupon for a free slice.
- Get out and about while keeping everyone safe on private family tours and outings around town.
- Go in search of salmon; check our guides for where to look around Seattle and the Eastside, and around the South Sound.
Our family fun calendar now features great virtual events alongside in-person events! There are plenty of engaging activities to fill your days with fun. If you do go out, please stay safe — which includes mandatory wearing of face coverings in public spaces.
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap's eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend's best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Join us!