There's plenty o' good stuff on tap for this weekend, including warming temps, St. Patrick's Day family fun, a new park, our free, one-stop-camp-shopping camp fair and tons more! May the road rise up to meet you on all your family adventures.
- Try to snag a remaining ticket to Emerald City Comic Con, or just hang around outside to people-watch (Thursday–Sunday).
- Enjoy a free community concert conducted by Ludovic Morlot featuring University of Washington Orchestra and Seattle Symphony musicians (Friday).
- Pop by to watch some super-athletic pups tackle agility obstacles (Friday–Sunday).
- Hunt for wee leprechauns in a charming hidden garden; climb on the Wood Wave while you're there (Friday–Sunday).
- It's Irish Week in Seattle: Join the landing of St. Patrick (Friday), the St. Patrick's Day Parade through downtown (Saturday) or the lively Irish Festival at Seattle Center (Saturday–Sunday).
- Rock your summer-camp plans one one pleasant stop at our free, fun North Sound-area Camp Fair — bring the kids (Saturday).
- Be among the first to play at a fantastic new waterfront park by joining its grand opening festivities (Saturday).
- Join a free, all-ages birds and bees workshop to learn about attracting hummingbirds and keeping mason bees (Saturday).
- Check out amazing, innovative high school science and engineering projects and get your hands on STEM activities, too (Saturday).
- Fill your shelves with fantastic, new-to-you books for cheap — while supporting local libraries — at the annual and awesome Huge Book Sale (Saturday–Sunday).
- Take the kids to plant their own mini herb garden in totally adorbs unexpected planting containers (Saturday–Sunday).
- RSVP and plan your best costume for games, crafts, prizes and tasty food at the J's family-fun Purim Carnival (Sunday).
- Expand your cultural horizons by joining a free community celebration of Persian New Year, a holiday observed by millions of people around the world (Sunday).
More ideas for the weekend or any-day fun:
- Stretch your legs on these handy, easy spring hikes for families
- Go on a hunt for painted rocks; or paint and hide some yourself.
- Take a breather at one of these spots where you can grab a free hour of child care (whew!).
- Schedule a family visit to a super-important local exhibit about history and moral courage.
- Visit an urban garden or green space that's perfect for a winter or spring adventure.
- Bookmark our family fun calendar for dozens of great activities for every day of the week.
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap's eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend's best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Try it!