It’s looking like we have a dry weekend on deck — thank you for hearing my plea, weather gods! Time to mask up, crawl out from our moss-covered rock and walk in the wild, play on the playground and honor the life and vision of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Happy weekend adventures to all!
10 activities for family fun this weekend:
- Find some sparkle and joy in the early darkness wandering the delightful Tacoma Light Trail with your fam (through Sunday).
- It’s the last weekend to inspect the humongous and super-detailed Lego models at Awesome Exhibition at Seattle Center (through Sunday).
- Honor the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by joining a ceremony, march or day-of-service project dedicated to his vision (through Monday).
- Show off your ice-skating skills during the last days of Olympia’s seasonal rink, Oly on Ice (through Monday).
- Reserve your spot to dig into all kinds of icy adventures, including meeting ice princesses, exploring an ice cave, trying sock skating and lots more (Friday–Sunday).
- You won’t believe the eye-popping monster truck action as Jailbird, Megalodon, Grave Digger and more jump, flip, fly and stomp (Friday–Sunday).
- Join a ranger on a free family nature walk to learn how some animals can sleep all winter long (Saturday).
- A dry weekend is the perfect time to spot bald eagles at the Skagit River buffet where they snack this time of year (Saturday–Sunday).
- Mask up and lend your voice in support of MLK’s vision and truth in education at Seattle’s annual rally and march (Monday).
- In honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, it’s a free-entrance day at our beautiful state and national parks (Monday).
- Bonus: Plan ahead and join us to learn from an expert how to help kids with ADHD or learning differences harness their strengths in a free ParentMap Live talk (Tuesday).
More any-time outings:
- Zip out of town — with minimal planning — on an easy family day trip.
- If you were too busy during the holidays, Woodland Park Zoo's gorgeous lantern display is on through the end of the month.
- Trying to steer clear of crowds? Find space to spread out and tons to do at four of our region’s biggest parks.
- Imagine a moment beyond the current craziness and think about a nearby family escape.
Plus, our family fun calendar features great virtual and in-person events — every day of the week!
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap’s eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend’s best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Don’t miss it!