Every Northwest kid has spotted a scuttling crab or a bright purple sea star. Have your kids found a moon snail collar or a chiton? This could be their moment! Explore local beaches during extra-low tides, meet firefighters, wear your costumes and go trick-or-treating (what!?). There’s so much good stuff on deck for this sunny July weekend. Read on for all our top picks, and have a great one!
10 activities for family fun this weekend:
- Gather your blankets and cozy up for an outdoor movie or pop-up drive-in, or plan a family outing to a real, old-school drive-in theater (Thursday–Saturday).
- Launch your weekend by skipping cooking! Instead, dine on food truck fare and enjoy live music outdoors (Friday).
- Bring bikes for kids to ride the free Kiddie Kilo and catch thrilling bike-racing action at the velodrome during the Marymoor Grand Prix (Friday–Saturday).
- It’s another weekend of minus tides and many chances to encounter fascinating marine life at many Puget Sound beaches (Friday–Sunday).
- Cruise by Bellevue Arts Museum to pick up a free Kids Fair craft kit — projects showcase the Pacific Northwest (Friday–Sunday).
- Visit the phenomenal Children’s PlayGarden for an all-abilities open-play session (Saturday).
- Ferry your crew to Lake Wilderness Park for this year’s free Kids’ Festival, featuring inflatables, games, prizes and lots more kid-friendly fun (Saturday).
- Meet firefighters, inspect equipment and learn about fire safety at Puget Sound Fire Authority’s community open house (Saturday).
- Snag a spot in one of Bellevue’s excellent ranger programs featuring some different kinds of buggy fun this round (Saturday).
- Celebrate the opening of a new pollinator garden and learn all about the wonderful work that bees and other pollinators do for us (Saturday).
- Show off your best costumes during Halloween in July at Westlake Park and enjoy trick-or-treating, "Thriller" dance classes, face painting and more (Sunday).
More anytime-fun ideas:
- Frolic in the fragrant fields at family-friendly lavender farms around the sound.
- All aboard! Plan your family train adventure on a mini train or scenic railroad excursion.
- Explore kid-friendly hiking trails at a newly revamped area that is — important! — not too far away.
- Bookmark our cheat sheet of fab new playgrounds around town to try out with kids.
- Let’s go swimming! Splash at a swimming hole or jump in a lake! With little tykes, frolic in a wading pool or at the spray park.
Plus, our family fun calendar features great virtual and in-person events — every day of the week!
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap’s eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend’s best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Don’t miss it!