Wow, it's actually summer starting Friday! It's end-of-school madness during the week, but we hope you can carve out a couple hours for family fun over the weekend. We've rounded up our top picks, including pony rides, bouncy houses, big rigs, trains and slugs. And naked bicyclists in a parade, naturally. Happy summer, everyone!
- Join a worldwide celebration of music with free performances, playing and dancing on Make Music Day (Friday).
- Mark the start of summer with a free all-ages outdoor party with live music and more fun (Friday).
- Grab a seat to watch thrilling pro beach volleyball action, free, on the shores of Lake Sammamish (Friday–Sunday).
- Head for the woods to party in the park with pancakes, pony rides, face-painting and a family trail walk (Saturday).
- Bounce, run, slide — repeat! Bedtime will be a total breeze if you take your kids to this active fun fest (Saturday).
- Get eye-to-eye with some big rigs and other vehicles, plus groove to the tunes of Brian Vogan and His Good Buddies for a good cause (Saturday).
- Celebrate and learn about totally underappreciated shell-less terrestrial gastropod molluscs ... you know, our friendly local slugs (Saturday–Sunday).
- Ride the mini rails for a choo-choo-ing good time with true fans who want to share their passion for trains (Saturday–Sunday).
- Watch those wacky naked bicyclists in the anything-goes Solstice Parade on Saturday (1 p.m.), the pooch parade Sunday (2:30 p.m.) and other Fremont Fair activities all weekend (Saturday–Sunday).
- Pack a picnic and head out for a day down on the farm to fraternize among the chickens and mini donkeys, and maybe learn some local farming history (Saturday–Sunday).
- Try jumping over stuff in the park with your kids in an all-comers Parkour workshop (Sunday).
More ideas for weekend (or any day!) fun:
- Gather up summer's most delicious bounty at the best local U-pick berry farms.
- Wander through the woods on a family-friendly hike to a gorgeous waterfall.
- Take a family dip in one of our region's many terrific outdoor swimming pools or splash it up at an active local spray park.
- Make a break for these most excellent ice cream shops and taste unique local flavors.
- Bookmark our family fun calendar for dozens of great activities for every day of the week.
Family fun, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for ParentMap's eNews and receive this round-up of the weekend's best family adventures in your inbox every Thursday. Join us!