We're entering peak cozy season, and if you are in need of some new shows to watch, Netflix has plenty to offer. There are some festive holiday specials coming, including “Shaun the Sheep: The Flight Before Christmas” for the little ones and a holiday edition of “The Great British Baking Show” for the parents. There is also a brand-new season of “Cobra Kai” to look forward to, starting on New Year's Day. Here are our top family-friendly picks for December.
- Dec. 1: “44 Cats” (Season 4) — This animated series for the preschool set follows the adventures of four cats named Lampo, Milady, Pilou and Meatball.
- Dec. 1: “Green Snake” — This animated feature film is based on a classic Chinese folktale and is a sequel to 2019's “White Snake.”
- Dec. 1: “Kayko & Kokosh” — This animated series is based on some famous comics from Poland.
- Dec. 3: “Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous” (Season 4) — “Jurassic Park” fans rejoice: Here's a new island adventure about six teens who get invited to a state-of-the-art adventure camp on Isla Nublar.
- Dec. 3: “Mixtape” — A rom-com about a 12-year-old girl who finds a broken mixtape that belonged to her late parents. She tracks down all the songs to learn more about them.
- Dec. 3: “Shaun the Sheep: The Flight Before Christmas” — This animated feature film follows favorite characters from the “Shaun the Sheep” universe as they embark on a wild holiday adventure.
- Dec. 6: “David and the Elves” — A Christmas movie featuring an overworked elf who runs away to the real world to try and experience the magic of Christmas.
- Dec. 7: “Centaurworld” (Season 2) — This second series installment follows a fearless warhorse on a quest to find her trusty rider.
- Dec. 10: “Go, Dog. Go!” (Season 2) — The adventurous pups Tag and Scooch are back for more adventures and fun.
- Dec. 10: “Back to the Outback” — A goofy animated feature film about some wild animals that band together and break out of captivity in a quest to find a real home.
- Dec. 14: “StarBeam: Beaming in the New Year” — An animated kids special about StarBeam.
- Dec. 22: “Grumpy Christmas” — The plot of this one is still under wraps!
- Dec. 31: “Cobra Kai” (Season 4) —The latest season of “The Karate Kid” spin-off series is set decades after the original film trilogy.
For the parents
- Dec. 1: “Looper” (2012) — A sci-fi thriller starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis that follows two hitmen who are sent back in time for a job.
- Dec 1: “The Power of the Dog” – This new star-studded western, set in Montana in the 1920s, follows the story of Phil Burbank (Benedict Cumberbatch), an eccentric and malevolent rancher who thwarts his brother's marriage.
- Dec. 3: “The Great British Baking Show: Holidays” — Another ladleful of festive cheer from the big white tent.
- Dec. 10: “The Unforgivable” — Sandra Bullock plays a woman released from prison after serving a sentence for violent crime, only to find that society is unable to forgive her past actions. The film is based on the popular 2009 British miniseries “Unforgiven,” written by Sally Wainwright.
- Dec. 24: “Don’t Look Up”— A new sci-fi black comedy starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence as two astronomers who are trying to warn everyone about an approaching comet that will destroy Earth.