It’s officially fall and that means shorter days, darker evenings and the perfect excuse to curl up with the family and watch some good shows. Netflix just released its lineup for October, and there are some exciting new kids’ TV shows and movies to look forward to. Here are our top family-friendly picks, plus a few new shows just for the grown-ups.
- October 1. “Scaredy Cats” (Season 1) — A new kids’ TV fantasy series features Willa Ward, who gets a surprise gift on her 12th birthday that unlocks a world of witchcraft.
- October 4. “On My Block” (Season 4) —The final season of this coming-of-age series has been a long time coming and promises to be full of drama.
- October 8. “Pokémon the Movie: Secrets of the Jungle” — The latest movie in the ever-popular Pokémon series is the story of Koko, a young boy raised by Pokémon who discovers the human world.
- October 8. “A Tale Dark & Grimm” — A twist on the classic tale about Hansel and Gretel finds the siblings walking out of their own story and into other classic Grimm-inspired tales.
- October 11. “The Baby-Sitters Club” (Season 2) — “The Baby-Sitters Club” is back with a new season filled with new friendships and new challenges.
- October 12. “Mighty Express” (Season 5) — This popular kids’ cartoon chugs along with more trouble on the tracks and lots of teamwork to help save the day.
- October 15. “Sharkdog’s Fintastic Halloween” — A Halloween special where Sharkdog must save trick-or-treating from a slimy sea monster.
- October 15. “Karma’s World” — This animated series is about a young girl who uses her musical talent to solve problems.
- October 16. “MisFit: The Series” — This new Dutch teen comedy features a group known as The Misfits who are prepping for a school musical.
- October 20. “Gabby’s Dollhouse” (Season 3) — Gabby delivers another series of cute cats, crafts and magic.
- October 21. “Go! Go! Cory Carson” (Season 6) — Another season of fun and adventure for Cory Carson as he explores the winding roads of Bumperton Hill.
- October 22. “Maya and the Three” — A new animation featuring a princess and her band of friends who work together to save humanity from the wrath of some vengeful gods.
Top picks for the grown-ups
- October 1. “Maid” — This new series based on the New York Times best-selling memoir follows the story of a single mother who escapes from an abusive relationship and becomes a housekeeper to make ends meet.
- October 15. “You” (Season 3) — Netflix’s creepy serial killer series is back for a third series with Joe facing a new challenge, his first-born child.
- October 29. “Army of Thieves” — The prequel to “Army of the Dead” takes place six years earlier during a zombie invasion.
You might also like: