Join us at the Museum for our annual Veterans Day Ceremony, as we honor those who have served in the United States Armed Forces, past and present. This ceremony will feature veteran and artist Jeffrey Stenbom as the Keynote Speaker, as well as a display of art created by veterans.
Jeffrey Stenbom is a post-disciplinary artist living in Bloomington, Minnesota. He primarily works in glass but often searches for the medium that best suits the idea at hand. Stenbom is an Iraq War veteran and blends his own experience and the connection military service members share into his artwork.
You can see his piece Freedom’s Threads in the Personal Courage Wing’s World War II gallery.
11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Musical Performance by the Boeing Employees Concert Band
12 - 1 p.m.
- Veterans Day Ceremony
- Master of Ceremonies – The Museum of Flight President/CEO Matt Hayes
- Remarks by City of Tukwila Mayor Alan Eckberg
- Reading by Joseph Gaylloyd Sisson of the African American Writers Alliance
- Shared remarks by Washington State Department of Veterans CFO Terry Westhoff,
- and State Homes Operations Director Dan Murray
- Video of the Spokane Veterans Home resident art class
- Keynote Speaker Jeffrey Stenbom