Ages 3 and older.
Are you craving a treat to make your day a little extra special? Do you want to rebel and make dessert before dinner? Make your own gingerbread cookies. Let’s stir up some fun in the kitchen together! Listen to stories as your cookies bake in the oven.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup, unsalted butter, cold and cut into small cubes (important that the butter is cold so the dough doesn't need to be chilled)
- 1 1/4 cups (20 oz, 560 gr) lightly packed dark brown sugar (you can also use light brown sugar for a more mild flavor)
- 1 large egg, cold
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground clove (optional, but recommended)
- 1/4 tsp allspice (optional, but recommended)
- 2 cups all purpose flour (additional flour for rolling out cookies)
- Optional glazed frosting that you can do outside of the class:
- 1cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
food coloring (optional)
rolling pin or alternative (wine bottle, soda can, water glass, glass or stainless steel water container)
electric mixer or stand mixer (optional)
uncluttered surface to roll out dough
cookie cutters or alternative (drinking glass, tin can or free hand)
bowl for cracking egg
Questions? Email Miss Bekka email@example.com.
Registration closes at 9pm on December 2. The Zoom link and recipe will be sent to you by email by 10am the day of the event. You may need to check your spam or junk folder if you don’t see it in your inbox. Email Miss Bekka if you don’t receive an email with the link, firstname.lastname@example.org.