Start your school search here!
While the live portion of this event has passed, you can still access all the great content, including over 45 interactive preschool booths, the webinar with Julietta Skoog, recorded school info sessions and more.
Your kiddo (and you!) are so ready for preschool! But now, how to choose? With plenty of options out there, finding the right fit for your child can feel overwhelming. Instead of herding your crew from school to school to do research, just hop online for ParentMap’s free virtual Preschool Preview event, featuring dozens of local early learning options all under one “roof.” Discover the best programs across the Greater Seattle region and get your questions answered via live info sessions — all from the comfort of your home.
- Explore virtual booths and connect with Puget Sound–area preschool, Montessori and child-care programs.
- Access live preschool info and topical breakout sessions to learn more about programs you are interested in and to help prioritize your search.
- Join interactive demo sessions with preschool leaders to keep your kids entertained.
- Enjoy a special ParentEd Talk by positive-discipline expert Julietta Skoog.
- Enter fun contests for a chance to win prizes.
Saturday, Jan. 8, 2022
9:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
All sessions will be virtual and can be accessed through our exclusive online platform or mobile app.
- 9:30–10:30 a.m. — ParentEd Talk by Julietta Skoog
- 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. — Preschool Resource Fair + Breakout Sessions
When ‘Tried-and-True’ Tactics Fail: A Playbook for Positive Discipline
A ParentEd Talk by positive discipline expert Julietta Skoog
For parents whose discipline strategies result in meltdowns of epic proportions, this ParentMap talk will be a game-changer. Sproutable co-founder and parent coach Julietta Skoog will share her positive discipline roadmap to make your parenting journey easier — heck, her tips can also make you feel more confident in your parenting! Learn creative and effective strategies to restore calm, real-world examples of common behavior challenges and their solutions, and tools to help your kids reach their full potential.
About the speaker
Certified Positive Discipline Advanced Trainer Julietta Skoog, Ed.S., leveraged her education and more than 15 years of experience working as a counselor in Seattle Public Schools to co-found (with Alanna Beebe) Sproutable, which provides education, support and positive discipline know-how to aid parents in raising good kids who grow up to be remarkable adults. Her expertise includes early child development, autism, learning disabilities, anxiety and behavior disorders. She is proficient at leading friendship groups and classroom lessons based on positive discipline, social thinking and mindfulness.
Preschool resource fair
Event registrants will have access to the exclusive Preschool Preview mobile and desktop app to explore at their convenience.* Discover preschool, Montessori and child-care programs and resources from across the greater Puget Sound area to find the best options for your child. Visit more than 40 virtual booths and ask questions through live chats with organization representatives to learn more about program offerings. Whether you are looking for a preschool for the upcoming school year or are ready to start exploring options for the future, this is a great opportunity to start your research!
View the list of participating organizations. We'll keep adding more as the date gets closer!
*The resource fair will be available to browse starting the morning of Jan. 7. Vendors will be available to chat live 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. on Jan. 8. Attendees can continue to explore the resource fair using the event app after the main event concludes.
Throughout the live event, join special breakout sessions with schools and speakers to inform your preschool search. Plus, enjoy free kids’ activities! You can even build a personalized event agenda with reminders through the event app so you don’t miss your favorites.
There are three types of sessions, each lasting approximately 15–30 minutes.
- School info sessions: Schools will host 15-minute orientation sessions to allow you to learn more about their education programs, registration information and philosophy.
- Topical sessions: Enjoy free topic-focused discussions featuring useful tips from a preschool expert’s bag of tricks! Topics include: “Three Tips to Teach Independence,” “Benefits of a Bilingual Education,” “Is My Child Ready for Preschool?,” “Importance of Play” and more.
- Demo sessions: Keep your kids entertained with activity sessions, 15–30 minutes in duration, led by local preschool instructors.
Many sessions will be recorded and available for event registrants to watch at their convenience after the main event concludes.
Thanks to our event sponsors and partners!
Interested in being a sponsor or vendor for this event?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information.