6 things to do this weekend with the kids
If you figure out how to alter the nature of space and time so you can be at all of these events at the same time, let us know. (But let us know if you make it to even one, and tell us what you thought.)
2. Bring your drum and your deep desire to groove to the free! free! free! World Rhythm Festival at Seattle Center (Saturday, Sunday and late into the night).
3. Kids from Youth Theatre Northwest on Mercer Island have been hard at work for months, learning such things as Chinese opera and Kabuki-inspired fight techniques for their production of The Monkey King.
4. Moonpaper Tent's blacklight The Jungle Book opens in the Roosevelt District this weekend.
5. Northwest Puppet Center really works its puppetry chops with marionette opera Don Giovanni. Despite the presence of puppets, it's not for little kids, though -- maybe for ages 10 or 12 and up.
6. Finally, here's something I've always wanted to do and never have. Make your way through the University District, armed with only a map and your unflagging drive to find all the clues, at the U-District Street Scramble on Sunday. Map-reading, kids, exercise. I like it.Google+