Right now, millions of children are growing up in a world that doesn’t respect, support, or embrace who they inherently are. Some children are just “differently wired”— kids with neurodifferences such as ADHD, autism, learning disorders and more. What if instead of seeing their differences as deficiencies we recognized the beauty and brilliance of our atypical kids and empowered others to do the same?
Join ParentMap for an enlightening conversation with bestselling author, speaker, and the CEO and founder of Tilt Parenting, Debbie Reber, as she shares strategies for supporting your differently-wired kid that will help your family move from surviving to thriving.
Learn how to:
- Foster a connected and secure relationship with your child
- Recognize and celebrate your child’s strength
- Make easy, effective changes to your everyday routines that work for your family
- Advocate for and equip your child to maximize their learning and growth
Debbie Reber, MA is a parenting activist, bestselling author, speaker, and the CEO and founder of Tilt Parenting, a resource, top-performing podcast, consultancy, and community with a focus on shifting the paradigm for parents raising and embracing neurodivergent children. Her most recent book, “Differently Wired: A Parent’s Guide to Raising an Atypical Child with Confidence and Hope,” came out in June 2018. After living abroad in the Netherlands for five years, Debbie, her husband, and differently wired teen moved to Brooklyn, NY in 2019.
- Recognizing Less-Obvious Autism, with Donna Henderson and Sarah Wayland
- Barry Prizant Talks About His Book “Uniquely Human: A Different Way of Seeing Autism
- Dr. Melissa Neff on Supporting Adults Newly Identified as Neurodivergent
- 4 Listeners Share Their Stories of Discovering Their Neurodivergence as Adults
- Katherine May on Autism, Wintering, and the Electricity of Every Living Thing
- Amy Laurent and Jac Fede on Learning from Autism Self-Advocates
- Dr. Devon MacEachron on “What’s Next?” After Diagnosis
- Understanding and Combatting Negative Stigmas with Ann Douglas
- A Conversation with Asher about Diagnoses, Labels, and Stigmas
- Dr. Karen Wilson on Telling Kids About Their Diagnoses
Organizations & Websites:
- Eye to Eye National
- Neurodivergent Insights
- Autism Level UP!
- Resources for explaining Neurodivergence to Children (from Dr. Liz Angoff)
- Resources Supporting Parents in Sharing Diagnoses with Children (incomplete list of resources curated by Tilt)
- Is This Autism? A Guide for Clinicians and Everyone Else by Dr. Donna Henderson and Dr. Sarah Wayland
- What Your ADHD Child Wishes You Knew: Working Together to Empower Kids for Success in School and Life by Dr. Sharon Saline
- The Asperkid’s (Secret) Book of Social Rules: The Handbook of Not-So-Obvious Social Guidelines for Tweens and Teens with Asperger Syndrome by Jennifer Cook O’Toole
New year, new ParentEd Talks events! Hear from experts on timely issues affecting families, educators and caregivers, and get top tips to add to your parenting toolkit. Sign up for free for all of the 2023-2024 ParentEd Talks events, and then join any live talk you are interested in throughout the year.
Platinum Event Partner:
Interested in being a sponsor of or a vendor at ParentMap Live events? Contact email@example.com to get more information.