We imagine that even when you’re not in the parks, you’re probably longing to get out and enjoy your next park adventure — at this time, probably more so than ever before. And Washington’s National Park Fund hopes to help us get to the parks. That’s why we’re inviting you to our new series of virtual field trips to Mount Rainier, North Cascades and Olympic National Parks.
Join us online to hear from park staff on the goings on at each park. Bring your own lunch and enjoy from the comfort of your own home.
All of our field trips start at Noon and last for approximately 45 minutes. Most of our field trips are suitable for adults and teens. Programming for children is noted in the description and says JUNIOR RANGER in the title. Also, don’t forget to check out our recent virtual field trips as we’ll be posting the recorded sessions after they’ve taken place.
We look forward to seeing you online!
- July 22, 2020: Wildflowers and Meadow Restoration at Mount Rainier National Park
- August 5, 2020: Preventative Search and Rescue at North Cascades National Park
- August 19, 2020: Coastal Ecology and Ocean Acidification at Olympic National Park
- September 2, 2020: Bears at North Cascades National Park
- September 16, 2020: Cedar Trees and Native Plants at North Cascades National Park
- September 30, 2020: Melting Glaciers and Rivers Gone Wild – Science-based Solutions to Protect National Parks with Mount Rainier National Park
- October 14, 2020: Perspectives on the Role of Science and Technology in Managing Wild Fish in Olympic National Park