Critters have some winter fun at Northwest Trek's Winter Wild. Credit: Ingrid Barrentine
Spy some new and favorite critters during animal encounters, both organized and in the wild!
- Groovy goats: Book a private meet-up with Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium's awesome resident goats. You'll get to feed and groom Celeste, Bentley, Spice and their pals.
- Spy a turtle: Explore Tacoma Nature Center's trails with a private guide, or on your own. With sharp eyes, you may spot the native wildlife.
- Winter in the Woods: Endearing snow people are the main attraction at this family-focused holiday stroll through a nature reserve, but you're likely to spot some real wildlife as well.
- Wild and woolly critters: Visit fascinating Northwest Trek to see all the resident critters interact with their holiday treats and games, starting Dec. 26. To enter the park's free-roaming area, book a ticket to Wild Drive, where your fam stays in your car and cruises slowly past amazing animals such as bison, moose, caribou (reindeer cousins!), mountain goats and more, or for a special splurge, book a once-in-a-lifetime private keeper tour.
- For the birds: Birding might have a reputation as an older person's pastime, but once your kids get a field guide and start spotting different species of birds, they'll be eager to explore new nature spaces to see what they can find.