Groovy Goats animal encounter at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium. Credit: Katie Cotterill
- Groovy Goats: Book a private meet-up with Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium's awesome resident goats. You'll get to feed and groom Buckle, Button, Sugar and the other goaties.
- Spy a turtle: Explore Tacoma Nature Center's trails with a private guide, or on your own. With sharp eyes, you may spot the native wildlife.
- Winter in the Woods: Snow people are the main attraction at this family-focused holiday stroll through a nature reserve, but you're likely to spot some deer as well.
- Go big bison: Fascinating Northwest Trek is open and taking bookings for Wild Drive, where your fam stays in your own car and cruises slowly past amazing animals such as bison, moose, caribou (reindeer cousins!), mountain goats and more. Wild Drive bookings currently include admission to the rest of Northwest Trek as well, where you can see carnivores, bald eagles and small critters. (For a special splurge, book a once-in-a-lifetime private keeper tour!)
- For the birds: Birding might have a reputation as an older person's pastime, but once your kids get a field guide and start spotting different species of birds, they'll be eager to explore new nature spaces to see what they can find.