Day Out With Thomas. Credit: Miss Barabanov/Flickr CC
All aboard for fun with Thomas! Fans of Thomas the Tank Engine — and train lovers in general — can delight in the news that the popular Day Out With Thomas event will return to the Seatte area for summer 2021.
A life-size, talking Thomas will visit the Northwest Railway Museum in Snoqualmie, Washington, over two weekends this summer: July 9–11 and July 16–18, 2021. Advance booking is required and timed tickets are on sale now.
Scroll down for new procedures and safety protocols, but first, let's get to the fun times awaiting families at Day Out With Thomas.
Day Out With Thomas highlights:
- Guests take a short ride in a train car pulled by a life-size Thomas the Tank Engine and arrive at the activities area.
- Explore the bubble zone, play lawn games and say hello to Sir Topham Hatt, the stern controller of railways on the Island of Sodor.
- Track all your stops on the journey with a Party Pass booklet.
- Hop back on board with Thomas for a 30-minute train ride to the top of Snoqualmie Falls, while listening to an interactive story.
- Shop for exclusive Thomas merch (parents, you've been warned).
- Visit the railway museum and train shed exhibits; admission is included in the ticket price.
- Masks are required for guests ages 5 and older and recommended for guests ages 2–4.
- A limited number of tickets will be sold for each time slot.
- Seating in the train cars will be staggered for adequate social distancing.
- Except for the train ride and included museum visit, the event takes place outdoors, rain or shine.
If you go ...
Dates: Day Out With Thomas takes place over two weekends: July 9–11 and 16–18, 2021. Timed sessions are available on the hour.
Cost: Tickets cost $25–$28 for ages 2 and older, depending on the day and time you choose. Babies and tots age 1 and younger ride free on an adult's lap. Buy tickets in advance online. Tickets typically sell out and walk-up tickets sales will not be available. There's a discount for purchasing a group of 20 or more tickets.
Tips for families: