“Jurassic World Live Tour,” image courtesy of Jurassic World Live Tour
There’s nothing like parenthood to turn even the most spontaneity-loving person into a relentless planner. From getting spots in summer camps to finding coverage for that random “day-between-semesters” day off from school, there’s really no way around it.
So, welcome, planners, you’re in the right place, because we’re bringing you the news that a veritable dino heaven is coming to Seattle this summer, in the form of the exciting stage show “Jurassic World Live Tour.”
The show plays in two local venues this June and tickets are on sale now!
What parents need to know
- “Jurassic World Live Tour” is a live-action stage show with human actors, life-size animatronic dinosaurs, music, strobe lights, stunts and an exciting story line with some elements of peril.
- In addition to a cast of 24 life-size dinos, which includes Blue the Raptor, Stegosaurus, Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus rex, sweet Bumpy from the popular animated TV show grows up during the action.
- The show welcomes dinosaur fans of all ages. The running time is one hour and 50 minutes, including an intermission of 15–20 minutes. Everyone ages 2 and older requires a ticket; tots younger than 2 (seated on a lap) enter free.
- Tickets to Climate Pledge Arena shows cost $35 and up, plus fees. Tickets to the accesso ShoWare Center show cost $32 and up, plus fees.
- The pre-show experience, a chance to interact more closely with some of the dinos, is included with the ticket price. Check your ticket/venue for additional info.
- Kids may wear costumes, but costumes are not permitted for anyone older than 14.
- Expect gobs of dino merch to be offered for sale so consider setting expectations in advance as needed.
- Check with your venue for specifics on what you can bring into the arena. Climate Pledge, for example, employs a clear-bag policy you'll want to adhere to.
If your family includes dedicated dinosaur fans but you cannot make either the Seattle or Kent dates, “Jurassic World Live Tour” also plays in Vancouver, B.C, May 19–28; Spokane, June 2–4; and Portland, June 23–25, 2023. Enjoy!