The South Sound Maritime Heritage Association (SSMHA) will present Harbor Days Lite, a pared-down version of its popular 48-year-old tugboat festival, on Saturday, September 4 and Sunday, September 5 at the Port of Olympia’s Port Plaza Park. This year’s event will continue to have a smaller presence because of the COVID pandemic but will feature information booths, mini tug displays, a hands on LEGO© Harbor Build Activity for the kids and possibly live music.
CONFIRMED FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Mini tugs on Display - View four locally built mini Tugs. Vote by donation for your favorite.
- Lego Harbor Build - Bring the kids to watch LEGO professional brick layers build a 5’ by 4’ tugboat. Tables and bricks available for kids to build their own Lego tugs to add to the display.
- Maritime Heritage Self-Guided Tour - Take a walk on the boardwalk using our printed or online map and learn about the Maritime History of Olympia.
- Tug Parthia - Stop in at the South Sound Maritime Heritage Association information booth and learn about this new Olympia tourist attraction coming in 2022.
- The Maritime Washington National Heritage Area - Learn about The National Parks service designation for Washington’s coastline and planning of the area by the Washington Trust for Historic Preservation.
- Live Tower Stage Performances (schedule TBA).
- Samba Olywa Pirates - Come see and dance along with Olympia’s favorite Samba Band on the tower stage.
Logo Buttons - Secure your keepsake for both 2020 and 2021 Lite events. Both years buttons are available for donation.
Books about the maritime history of the Olympia area will also be available for purchase.
- Logo Wear - can be ordered online (link TBA).
- Photo Ops with Tuggy the Tugboat. Also find our treasure chest for tots.
Sorry no tugboat touring, tug races, booth vendors or food vendors this year.
Support our local businesses by eating and shopping downtown and the Olympia Farmers Market.