Air-Fried Salmon Katsu Bowls
Have you jumped on the air fryer train yet? If not, this delicious and easy air-fried salmon katsu bowl might convince you. In the third “Kitchen Magic” video, siblings Lola (age 10) and Milo (age 9) cook alongside Chef Joel to introduce another easy and nutritious dish that will soon be a hit for the whole family.
- 4 salmon fillets (skinless and boneless)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Japanese panko breadcrumbs
- Short-grain rice, cooked (enough for 4 servings)
For Easy Cucumber Sesame Salad:
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Thinly sliced green onions (for garnish)
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
2. Mix the Dijon mustard and garlic powder in a small bowl.
3. Pat the salmon fillets dry with a paper towel. Generously spread the Dijon mustard mixture on all sides of the salmon.
4. Coat the Dijon mustard-covered salmon fillets with panko breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs gently onto the salmon to adhere.
5. Place the breaded salmon fillets in the preheated air fryer basket, leaving space between them.
6. Air fry the salmon for about 10-12 minutes, or until the panko coating is golden brown and the salmon is cooked through. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the salmon fillets and the air fryer model.
7. Prepare the Easy Cucumber Sesame Salad while the salmon is air frying. In a mixing bowl, combine the thinly sliced cucumber, sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce and honey (if using). Toss everything together until the cucumber slices are well-coated.
8. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the cucumber salad and toss again to distribute the seeds.
9. Remove the salmon from the air fryer once it is cooked and crispy.
10. To assemble the Katsu Salmon Bowls, place a generous portion of cooked short-grain rice in each serving bowl.
11. Add a piece of air-fried salmon on top of the rice in each bowl.
12. Serve the Easy Cucumber Sesame Salad alongside the Katsu Salmon Bowls.
13. Garnish the bowls with thinly sliced green onions for an extra touch of freshness and color.
Enjoy your delicious and easy-to-make Katsu Salmon Bowls with tangy Dijon mustard and crispy air-fried salmon, paired with the refreshing cucumber sesame salad! It's a delightful and flavorful meal that's perfect for any day of the week.