Milton Chen, Ph.D.
Executive Director, Emeritus, The George Lucas Educational Foundation
Author of Education Nation
ParentMap had the chance to sit down with Dr. Milton Chen, emeritus director of The George Lucas Educational Foundation and author of Education Nation: Six Leading Edges of Innovation in our School to talk about the tipping-point technologies and factors shaping education in the 21st century.Topics include:
- The role of media and technology in education
- Project-based learning as a new model for education in the 21st century
- Technologies powering education innovation today
- Advantages of summer learning and enrichment
- Cultivating a global mindset at home and school
- Roles of a 21st century teacher, student and parent
- Student assessments and the U.S. education edge
|About Milton Chen, Ph.D.
Dr. Milton Chen is senior fellow and executive director, emeritus at The George Lucas Educational Foundation (GLEF), a nonprofit operating foundation in the San Francisco Bay Area that utilizes its multimedia website Edutopia.org and documentary films to communicate a new vision for 21st century schools. He is the author of Education Nation: Six Leading Edges of Innovation in our Schools.